Prepares Fiduciary and other income tax returns for trusts where the Bank or one of the legal entities is trustee, as well as for other clients of the Bank.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:Education and Experience Required:
- Maintain an understanding of the systems and procedures of the Fiduciary Tax area and participate in training within and outside the department to expand job-related knowledge.
- Responsible for an assigned book of accounts and the timely and accurate preparation of less complex as well as moderately complex tax returns.
- May, under close supervision, be assigned preparation of tax returns for Private Foundations, Public Charities, or Estates.
- Complete personal tax returns for wealth clients. Participate in client discussions and planning as an observer.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience preparing income tax returns, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' experience preparing income tax returns
Understanding of pertinent word processing and spreadsheet softwareEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Minimum of 2 years' experience preparing trust income tax returns
Experience with pertinent tax-related systems and software
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R08347
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.
- One of the 20 largest U.S.-based commercial banks
- $123 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.8 million customers
- 17,000+ team members
- 800+ domestic full-service branches
- 1,600+ ATMs
- Online banking (mtb.com) and mobile devices
We’re headquartered in Buffalo NY, and we are organized around 17 community bank regions lead by local regional presidents. This means decisions about loans and community activities are made locally, by the people in the bank who know the community best.
Of the largest 100 banks operating in 1983, only 23 remain today. Among the remaining, M&T ranks 1st in stock price growth.
M&T has been profitable for 158 consecutive quarters—more than 39 straight years.
View the full profile