Job Description:The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies. The Environmental Professional role is based in Fleetwood, PA and reports directly to the Plant Manager. What you’ll get to do
Essential Experience and Skills
- Participate in developing and managing annual environmental budget and CAPEX Plan.
- Identify environmental improvement opportunities and requirements to optimize costs.
- Assess the environmental impact of plant operations and develop and propose an improvement program and action plan to continuously improve.
- Assist in maintaining environmental permit compliance, including applying for permit modifications and renewals.
- Prepare reports to be submitted to regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
- Manage relationships with regulatory inspectors and local community.
- Submit environmental reports to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure plant equipment and instrumentation are operating in accordance with regulations.
- Attend community meetings to review and provide feedback regarding plant operations
- Manage environmental documentation process to demonstrate regulatory compliance (procedures, training, recordkeeping, etc.).
- Coordinate environmental sampling activities for air, water, and waste.
- Coordinate periodic environmental audits to evaluate current performance.
- Analyze and report on daily environmental performance.
- Contribute to the development of equipment start-up, shutdown, and malfunction procedures.
- Coordinate the testing of emergency response procedures.
- Manage environmental projects.
- Provide plant-specific technical support to influence regulatory changes.
- Communicate with and train plant employees on regulatory requirements and plant specific procedures for compliance.
- Complete all work in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain awareness of surroundings at all times and perform work in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or relevant field
- Three to five years of related environmental or industry experience
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations
- Knowledge of proper contacts and avenues for information, materials, and assistance at regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry, especially quality control procedures preferred
- Working knowledge of PCs and computer software
- Attention to detail and excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local requirements
What we have to offer
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, uneven surfaces, working at heights, climbing and dusty conditions.
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace.External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
- Attention To Detail
- File Manager
- Medical Emergency