Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Team Overview:We are the Digital Patient Experience software engineering team. We create new and innovative solutions that empower patients and healthcare providers to effectively manage all aspect of healthcare through mobile, web and interactive solutions revolutionizing healthcare engagement today. Our team creates a competitive advantage through dramatically improved productivity and customer satisfaction enabled through our software applications and delivered by a highly skilled and motivated full-cycle software development & support organization.Position Summary:Our ideal candidate for this senior role will be experienced in all aspects of full scale software development for both web and mobile applications. They will be trusted to create and deliver complex software systems in line with our company objectives. As an integral lead, our engineer will work closely with Product Owners, User Experience & Design and Architecture teams and a highly motivated development team to deliver an elegant and intuitive online experience for the patients in our Healthcare system from conception to production. As an expert developer, you will:Responsibilities
\u2022 Engage in the full product lifecycle as part of a cross-functional, agile team to gain deep understanding of the problems we need to solve and apply that knowledge to building solutions\u2022 Define information needs and data flows, conferring with dependent teams and users in providing a common understanding of systems, data usage, and work processes \u2022 Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions\u2022 Participate in technical audits, design reviews and recommend improvements\u2022 Problem analysis, diagnosis and remediation including critical events / product rollouts\u2022 Planning, prioritizing and executing assignments within deadlines\u2022 Perform risk assessment and provide abatement / mitigation / remediation planning\u2022 Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations accordingly (build / buy)\u2022 Craft highly scalable, robust, and maintainable services and APIs using and / or defining best practices\u2022 Perform efficient coding, testing and creating full documentation in the areas of software development and maintenance\u2022 Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities, maintenances and upgrades of existing software applications\u2022 Deliver training and mentoring supporting and developing other software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunitiesQualifications
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in computer sciences, engineering, information systems / technology and/or other relevant combination of training and experience, MS preferred
- 2-4 years of Industry experience preferred
- 8+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer, 3+ years’ in leading / senior roles
- 5+ years of hands-on Object Oriented software development in enterprise-sized applications
- Strong knowledge of data formats like XML and JSON
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS and programming experience including traditional server side (e.g. Java, node.js, PHP)
- Expert knowledge in DB management technology standards (e.g. SQL, ETL, DBMS partitioning, index creation, physical data model, RDF, SPARQL, etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Demonstrated ability to design to build high performing, scalable, and reliable services / systems
- Highly skilled in the principals of software engineering - modeling, design, programming and associated tools (e.g. UML)
- Strong knowledge of applied security standards and techniques including federated identity, SSO, IAM and application security (e.g. AD, SAML, OAuth, PKI)
- Leadership skills to lead and influence either an in-house or virtual development teams
- Strong background / applied experience in data integration across disparate systems
- Cloud platform development and the associated technology stack, Azure preferred
- Experience developing in containers and related virtualization stacks
- Background in developing CI / CD and DevOps best practices
- Skilled agile practitioner with experience in scrum, backlog management and sprinting
- Knowledge of secure coding standards, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards, apply Web Accessibility standards (508 compliance) and regulatory compliance (HIPAA)
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs.
- May require after hours on call support.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Java Script Libraries
Php (Scripting Language)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)