GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Technician Logistics.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries Fab 9 is seeking a skilled and motivated Logistics Technician to be a part of the Logistics team at GlobalFoundries state of the art 200mm wafer fab (Fab 9) in Burlington, VT.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- Perform manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspection, warehousing, equipment, supplies, and mail.
- Prepare documentation and enter data into system including Warehouse Management software.
- Handle high value equipment, materials, and hazardous materials in an industrial environment.
- Count, weigh, and measure incoming or outgoing materials to compare and identify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records of data.
- Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with the shipper to rectify; complete paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Determine method of shipment optimizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Prepare materials for shipping by weighing, packaging, labeling, and preparing necessary shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, and commercial invoices.
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery of material with service providers.
- Ensure documentation is compliant in collaboration with logistics and trade specialists.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Fill orders and issue materials, tools, and supplies per request; document transactions appropriately.
- Physically load and unload transported equipment.
- Order, purchase and recommend additions or deletions to standard stock items within established procedures and limits.
- Perform cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Utilize computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Perform daily inspections of material handling equipment.
- Perform work within standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment and support and participate on the Emergency Response Team.
- Prioritize work assignments based upon service commitment to customers and business needs.
- Be audit ready.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English - written & verbal
- Candidates must not have any major driving violations for the previous 3-5 years
- Candidates must be able to meet GlobalFoundries driving requirements for driving company vehicles.
- Physical Capacity Demands\: ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks). Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift. Able to perform activities that include bending at the waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or reaching
- Knowledge of Oracle software.
- Experience working in logistics or in a shipping/receiving environment.
- Experience working in semiconductor manufacturing or in semiconductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification.
- Ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS software.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a global team.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to use machinery for packing, wrapping, and crating materials.
- Basic knowledge of import and export regulations.
- Familiar with Lean processes & Kaizen teams
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Principal Technician Logistics and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
- Business Requirements
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)