Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional
and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
The Manager, Nonwovens Engineering is a high visibility position that is the primary technical leader for PDI. The Manager, Nonwovens Engineering will work with all levels of internal leadership to provide the necessary business support to the product development
Core Teams to achieve our objectives, prioritizing resources and projects as needed. He/she will also lead the technical communication with vendors and work closely with Procurement, Operations and R&D team members to identify, develop and commercialize new
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Lead the day to day Nonwovens R&D group engineering support across product development Core Teams. Lead the overall research, development, supplier qualification and commercialization of new nonwovens / nonwoven raw materials with a focus on Healthcare based
product technologies. Be the primary technical resource for PDI colleagues on any and all nonwoven related topics.
Develop specifications for new nonwovens
• Determines what testing is required to support a new specification
• Compiles and evaluates test data
• Drafts specification and reviews with appropriate team members
• Issues a new nonwoven specification for approval
Train Nonwovens Group members and other PDI technical colleagues
• Creates and updates training presentations with information specific to the target internal audience
• Gives training presentations to various stakeholders
Prioritize day to day work of the Nonwovens Group engineers, scientists and technicians
• Evaluate workload versus available resources
• Work with other internal functions to insure that the Nonwovens R&D group is providing support in a timely manner
Benchmarking of all competitive nonwovens products
• Benchmark current and new nonwoven technologies and use this information to provide recommendations to the Core Team on their selection of nonwovens
• Develop and maintain a real time database of all visible technologies with benchmarked performance and commercial information
Develop and commercialize new nonwovens and test methods with a focus on product categories and hybrid materials
• Technically qualify new suppliers on a global basis
• Develop test methods to support our position with customers, government agencies and non-government agencies
Leadership and Management
• Reinforces PDI’s culture and values, and drives change where needed to increase alignment with those goals.
Identifies departmental needs and assist with recruits/hires/promotes personnel as appropriate.
Develops staff through coaching, training, and other relevant experiences. Builds high performance teams.
• Operates effectively in a multi-tasking, cross-functional environment, including managing network external collaborators and experts
• Analyzes and provides clear direction in areas of ambiguity or uncertainty, maintaining momentum and achieve alignment with cross-functional partners in these areas.
• Demonstrates intellectual agility to work effectively and efficiently in a highly regulated space, exhibiting the ability to identify and assess opportunities for prudent risk taking.
• Develops appropriately proactive resource plans and utilizes staff and other resources effectively to meet area/partners’ needs. Uses appropriate tools to regularly review, measure, modify, and adjust plans and to monitor the efficiency, effectiveness and
balance of resources according to evolving business needs and environment.
• Guides internal/external debate and discussions at high levels and focuses constituents towards resolution around strategic and tactical decision making.
• Models good decision making practices and assesses and rewards behaviors consistent with good decision making practices.
• Displays strong analytical and strategic thinking.
• Provides constructive and timely feedback and coaching to enhance personnel performance.
• Coaches employees on long term career development and leadership capabilities.
• Guides the reallocation of roles and responsibilities across team members to facilitate both goal achievement and personal development.
• Guides and coaches others in managing through change and uncertainty
1. Meet key project targets & milestones for Core Team product development projects and portfolio.
2. Commercializes new nonwovens technologies and products to meet overall business timing / objectives
3. Manages the workflow within the Nonwovens Group to meet internal objectives and support the objectives within PDI Core Teams
BS, MS or PhD in a relevant science or engineering field
Fundamental understanding of nonwovens, nonwovens manufacturing processes and the nonwovens supply chain
10+ years of experience in a nonwovens technical function or related technical function (technical textiles, fibers, etc.) with demonstrated leadership or management experience in a technical function. Understanding of the materials and processes within the
entire nonwoven and wipes supply chain
• Previous experience of Wipes / NW required / advantageous
• Proven track record of developing and launching new products
• Proven track record of developing people and cross-functional teams
• Computer literate (Outlook / Word / Excel)
• Proven success in working in product development teams
• Ability to influence senior management and cross-functional partners to gain support and create strategic plans
• Prudent decision maker. Identifies opportunities and takes appropriate risks to achieve objectives
• Multi task oriented with experience leading complex projects
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills to collaborate on and direct the work of others on assigned projects (including both internal teams and external collaborators).
• Sound knowledge of related aspects of Infection Prevention and Interventional Care research, development, and commercialization processes.
• Established knowledge of applicable global regulatory standards
• Mastery of the scientific/technical concepts and techniques, applies and furthers those concepts and techniques to efficiently and effectively resolve scientific/technical issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of influencing opinion and sharing technical information and best practices through effective presentations to internal and external audiences.
CORPORATE / WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT / LABORATORY ENVIRONMENT / HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENT Primarily corporate and laboratory with some manufacturing at both internal and supplier sites. Moderate travel both domestically and abroad.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or
others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
- Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.
Benchmarking (Project Management)