Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting directly to the plant manager, the Plant Engineer advises and supports the plant management team in day-to-day operations. Being the primary contact with the corporate engineering team, he/she acts as the plant’s lead technical manager providing guidance to the technical and continuous improvement departments. This position brings method, structure and consistency while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and our various engineering processes. The plant engineer partakes in the development of Leclerc Foods production growth by recommending equipment that ensures operational efficiency, safety, quality, and long-term profitability of the plant.
As the direct link between the corporate Engineering management and the factory, the plant engineer has to be the technical manager guiding the maintenance, technical and improvement teams.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess feasibility and equipment. Accept ownership of all automation initiatives.
- Prepare bid packages, work with Purchasing on contracts, and manage contractor engineering activities;
- Develop sound and cost effective solutions to problems facing the operations team. Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions to include serving as the liaison with engineering consulting service, vendors and the corporate engineering management.
- Prepare capital investment requests by determining the best equipment design and/or facility layout, developing estimates and provide justification for the expenditure
- Manage contractor engineering activities and oversee management of delivery schedules, warranties, liquidated damages, and performance guarantees;
- Coordinate start-up and commissioning of new equipment with operations;
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications;
- Maintain plant in a safe and productive state to ensure compliance with health and safety standards in order to achieve maximum productivity;
- Review budget projections for current and upcoming projects and schedule forecasts to ensure plant projects are completed on-time and on-budget;
- Provide engineering support to maintain, alter, or curtail operations during emergencies;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or a related Engineering field or equivalent work experience; Have 5 + years of direct project engineering and/or plant maintenance experience (required);
- Have 3 years of managerial experience (preferred); Experience in the food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is preferred;
- Efficient at handling multiple priorities and, a proficient project manager;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent judgment, strong sense of ethics & integrity, result oriented.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.); Excellent communication and leadership skills; verbal and written;
- Excellent people skills, maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals;
- Ability to adapt operational changes and need requirement; ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work 8-12hrs daily; flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.
Coaching And Mentoring