To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fremont, CA 94538
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative (CSR) - Fremont, CA
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope • Fremont, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID: 150840
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are looking for a full-time Customer Service Representative for our Fremont, CA location. This position involves serving customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, processing orders, and serving as an ambassador (customer advocate) between the customer and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products, and services of the organization
- Document customer interactions and transactions
- Accurately process phoned, faxed, and e-mailed quotes and orders in accordance with cut off times and other time constraints that may exist
- Data entry of faxed, emailed, and phone in orders for production
- Coordinate between sales and production to meet customer deadlines
- Communicate with customers to determine expected delivery date and time
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments, and following up to ensure resolution
- Answer telephone promptly and transfer callers to appropriate departments
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner through written and verbal communication
- Provide assistance to all co-workers when needed
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Associates degree preferred)
- Must have computer experience and ability to type numbers with accuracy
- Strong basic mathematical skills, including ability to read fractions
- Minimum of 1-year previous customer service experience, glass industry preferred
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- If visits need to be made to the plant floor, all safety rules related to the plant must be followed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.