Kforce has a client in search of a Service Engineer in Redmond, WA.
Our client is a cutting-edge provider of world class software, solutions and services. Employing over 100,000 passionate people worldwide, they empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve their dreams. Their best in class advancements in cloud, mobile, machine learning, and AI are changing the way people go about their lives. Doing business in 170 countries, our client is dedicated to fulfilling their mission of helping you and your organization achieve more around the world.
The Office Deployment team thrives in an environment with highly technical people trying to solve highly technical and complex problems. We dive deeply into the details to arrive at holistic, pragmatic solutions. This role is for an experienced service engineer who will embed with our DevOps-oriented software engineering team to help guide and implement the onboarding and modernization of an existing critical service.
Our global deployment infrastructure uses a combination of global traffic management (GTM) load balancing strategies and several global content delivery network (CDN) providers to deliver installation and update packages to millions of Office application users around the globe. We are rationalizing ownership of this distribution workload between teams, and we seek to quickly develop an operational playbook, build supporting monitoring systems, modernize the infrastructure, and inject domain knowledge into our software engineering team, so that we can operate this system continuously with high quality and low overhead. We seek an experienced service or network engineer with relevant domain expertise to help guide and implement this project.
Scope of work:
- Investigate, understand, and document the existing Global Traffic Management (GTM) and Content Delivery Network (CDN) topology, routing rules, content workloads and provider capabilities and limitations
- Must have expertise in Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Global Traffic Management (GTM), including DNS-based load balancing
- Specific experience with Akamai and Azure technologies related to CDN, GTM, and management of those services is preferred
- Ability to design, implement, test and document log analysis, data orchestration/extract-transform-load (ETL) pipelines, reporting, monitoring, testing, workflow automation, and alerting systems, including consumption from REST API endpoints and ability to author database queries
- Familiarity with DNS, IPv4/v6, HTTP, SSL/TLS certificate management, PowerShell scripting
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Content Delivery Networks
Practical And Pragmatic
Enhanced Data Gsm Environment
Windows Power Shell