To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bohemia, NY 11716
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Engineer (I)
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Bohemia, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Engineer provides overall quality support for manufacturing/packaging and quality departments to improve overall operational quality. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality and operations background. The Quality Engineer will participate in quality improvement initiatives to reduce defects and quality issues, and make recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality analysis. Collaboration across multiple disciplines is critical for the successful implementation of the corrective actions. This role will interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as our Manufacturing, Engineering, Technical Services and Quality.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in and support the maintenance of the Quality Management System and Maintain Quality business metrics
- Participate in cross-functional teams on process control, improvement, and optimization projects; participate in other continuous improvement projects
- Performs assessments of any given quality system to determine the effectiveness and dependability of such system
- Manage, create and distribute analysis reports on a routine basis
- Monitor timely disposition and execution of material review across the network and escalate any delays, trends to the leaders as defined in the process
- Monitor timely disposition and execution of destructions and escalate any delays, trends to the leaders as defined in the process
- Track, trend and escalate when necessary Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), Material Review Boards (MRBs) and Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPAs) on a corporate level
- Drive consistency in the way cross functional teams perform investigations, disposition non-conforming materials and execute established CAPA`s
- Work with all sites and functions on quality systems processes executional excellence
- Monitor the compliance of processes to company standard operating procedure requirements
- Analyze new trends, techniques and modern solutions that impact network wide quality operations, products, services, or distribution channels, and initiate appropriate action
- Sets and monitors Statistical Process Control (SPC) data to ensure delivery of consistent quality. Utilize basic statistical tools to analyze for trends or issues
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and specifications to establish product and process capabilities (Process Capability/Process Capability Index - Cp/Cpk)
- Identify, develop, and implement process controls to meet customer/specification requirements.
- Direct support of project activities and all other associated Corporate Quality functions
- 5+ years of experience in the food, pharmaceutical and/or supplement industry preferred
- 2+ years in a Project Manager role, inclusive of leading projects
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements that affect the dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing business, preferred
- Bachelor’s in Pharmaceutical, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science related field preferred or other closely related discipline with extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- ASQ CQE or CQM preferred