The Senior Manager, Organizational Development & Learning (OD&L) is responsible for offering a range of support, consultation, and services to all of Precision’s employees for the purpose of helping them lead and execute their work. The major focus for the OD&L team:
- The development and implementation of work effectiveness interventions;
- The development of leaders and work teams;
- The sustainment and improvement of high a performance high value workplace.
Specifically, the Senior Manager of OD&L will:
- Design, develop and execute strategies for organizational and employee development programs;
- Develop company-wide policies to support programs;
- Execute meaningful diagnoses of performance and development needs for Precision;
- Help senior leaders design organizational structure that coordinates the work in terms of function and levels defining accountability and authority.
- Leadership Development – ensure appropriate design and facilitation of leadership development program that supports people strategy.
- Executive Selection – Competency development and process for selection of top level positions.
- Succession – Design global standards and processes for succession and mobility of talent
- Talent Development - Work closely with Learning and Development team to ensure resources and processes are in place to fill skill gaps that are impacting performance. Assist the organization with an approach to selecting and managing external consultants for the additional purpose of enhancing internal capability. Capability transfer when employing consultants.
- Communicate findings on performance and development needs and offer practical recommendations;
- Facilitate the understanding and execution of recommendations and other performance enhancements;
- Facilitate the meaningful involvement and engagement of senior leaders in the enhancement of company performance and employee development;
- Facilitate cooperation of diverse groups and departments to build organizational effectiveness;
- Partner with leaders on company-wide interventions that enhance organizational health and a high performing culture;
- Work with all levels of leaders to plan and execute effective implementation/sustainment strategies when designing strategies and launching major projects;
- Provide classic OD interventions and facilitation regarding team alignments to business strategy;
- Coach leaders by helping them identify and communicate the issues they face; helping them take responsibility to address those issues; and help them commit to action that resolves the issues;
- Help HR and other service departments develop and apply consultative/facilitative skills and approaches to their clients’ business problems and opportunities;
- Establish meaningful business relationships with key leaders to help them execute innovative change that increases their effectiveness and performance;
- Focus on the development of leaders, managers, and others who have team responsibility in order to create a consistent approach to high performance high value in the spirit of Precisions values and beliefs;
- Engage external help in a productive and cost effective way;
- Partner with HR professionals to establish consistent and effective company-leader-employee communication and execution of strategy;
- Assist in the bridging of the work of internal/external consultants for the purpose of enhancing internal capability;
- Facilitate the evaluation of external consultants and the results of their consultations;
- Evaluate the outcomes and cost effectiveness of internal/external leadership programs and workshops;
- Assist in the development of HR and OD staff to increase their consultative/facilitative capability;
- Facilitate the plan and design of the upgrading, and continuous development, of essential HR and OD skills;
- Facilitate and guide leaders in the diagnoses of problems that are blocking, or may be potentially blocking, business success; facilitate and guide the commitment to remove the blockages;
- Facilitate and guide leaders and teams to commit to action on problems;
- Facilitate the engagement and effective deployment of talent and skills throughout the company;
- Design and/or lead interventions to diagnose and resolve root causes, and or culture causes, of organizational problems or missed opportunities;
- Assist the Talent and Acquisition team to create action plans for the development and placement of key talent;
- Facilitate senior decision makers in addressing necessary change, and creating organizational willingness to adapt to necessary changes;
- Facilitate leaders and teams to increase their capability in initiating, communicating, and leading change;
- Partner with external consultants to determine which skills and capabilities might provide value to Precision;
- Partner with OD & L team in the design and delivery of programs that develop leaders at all levels;
- Develop processes, systems, and structures that focus on the development of the whole organization working more effectively together;
- Develop effective and acceptable methods of evaluating the contribution of internal consulting/coaching/facilitative services.
Accountability & Decision Making
This role has global responsibility.
This role manages all Sr. OD specialists and learning specialists with cross border, remote employees.
This role will work with Director of Talent and Development on the annual budget.
Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrated knowledge and skill in design, development and implementation of Organizational Development interventions.
Demonstrated knowledge and skill in design, development of an OD&L consulting team.
Proficiency in the application of OD consultative models.
Proficiency in the application of OD facilitative techniques in small and large groups.
Ability to gain trust and confidence of leaders and employees.
Strong persuasive skills in facilitating the identification of a problem and gaining the commitment to resolve it.
Clear and compelling communicator verbally and in writing.
Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
Strong supporting and coaching skills.
Creative and flexible approach to addressing issues.
Training and credentials in Organizational Development, Human Resource Development, Change Management and 10+ years of practical application of the training.
Work experience with executives and senior leaders in large organizations, including CEO.
Work experience in the oilfield services industry preferred.
- Change Management
- Competency Based Development
- Decision Making
- Financial Management