To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4455 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway
Dallas, TX 75238
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Product Analyst
AmTrust North America • Dallas, TX
Posted 2 days ago
This position focuses on - Personal Lines Product
The Personal Lines Senior Product Analyst is responsible for assisting the Director of Personal Lines Products in the development of new personal lines products, along with maintaining and enhancing existing products to achieve corporate profit and growth objectives. Assists in all areas of product management. This includes analysis of product results, along with recommendations that include pricing, underwriting, and process improvement. Utilizes market research data to identify, analyze, and evaluate markets, products or services that are potential areas for the company to enter. Also contributes to the development and execution of strategic plans for entry into new markets, or the development and introduction of new products and services.Responsibilities
- Analyze product line of business results including: loss ratio data; production; new business quality distributions; retention; comparative raters; and competitive data.
- Recommend appropriate actions needed in management of the Personal Lines book to maximize profit and growth, especially actions which involve rate needs, underwriting guidelines, and competitive data.
Projects and Product Change Implementation
- Coordinates implementation of rate and coverage changes with stakeholders.
- Directs and coordinates projects to ensure project components are completed timely. This includes reviewing business requirements, Underwriting Guidelines, state filings, IT implementations and rate/coverage changes.
- Communicate product or rate changes to the Business Analyst area, including for comparative rater review.
Research for State Plans
- Completes research for state action plans and coordinated sales implementation.
- Ensures state plans include synergy between auto and property products as it relates to growing target market (e.g., provides cross sell runs/reports to sales managers and tracking results of efforts).
- Assists in the preparation of production, profitability, and quality reports by state and program to present to leadership with special attention to loss ratio, trends, new business production and retention.
- Requests updates on reports to ensure needed information is available.
Training and Communications
- Assists in training PL Underwriting, Customer Service Center, Claims, and Sales staff on product initiatives and changes. Identifies other training needs for continual improvement of department knowledge.
- Works on agency communication and training plans, including development of the associated documents, on product initiatives.
- Vendor Products
- Research and evaluate effectiveness of new and existing vendor products for maximization of cost and utilization.
- Complete cost benefit analysis for new product review.
- Develop relationship with vendor representative in order to direct company needs.
- Undergraduate studies such as insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, risk management, economics, finance, accounting, business administration or related fields.
- Insurance licenses or designations such as CPCU, ARM, CLU, FLMI, ChFC, CFP, NASD etc preferred.
- Typically 6+ years experience in personal lines insurance.
- In-depth knowledge of personal lines of business and performance measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of related pricing, marketing, insurance models/contracts, and financial analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills necessary to effectively influence, present information, communicate with management, peers and agents.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with analytical tools.
- Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, learn on the fly, make decisions, see trends/patterns within regions.
- Excellent project management skills.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.