The Matian Firm is looking for an Immigration Paralegal to join our growing legal team here in Los Angeles. You will report directly to the Legal Department Supervisor. You have a legal knowledge of immigration-related laws, and can make reasoned decisions. Candidates must have a client-service attitude with excellent case management skills. We're looking for someone who possess the knowledge of procedural requirements for different types of non-immigrant, and immigrant visas. This paralegal will participate in all aspects of our Immigration practice, including assisting in the management of client relationships, case review, analysis, preparation and filing non-immigrant petitions.
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency
- Communicate with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems. Run reports
- Follow internal intake procedures after a client retains our firm
- Make regular updates to our case management system including client information, case tracking information, and client communications
- Maintain hard copy files and documents to support all immigration activity on behalf of clients
- Ensure that clients are kept informed on the progress of their cases
- Assist attorneys and other team members to manage caseload
- Complete assignments and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisors
- At least 1-2 years of Immigration Law experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
- Experience with Family-Based Petitions, Humanitarian, EOIR, Detained, Citizenship, and other USCIS applications.
- Experience with Case Management Software
Here at The Matian Firm, APC we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We have a great compensation package including a 401(k) plan
. Some perks include catered lunches, complimentary parking, paid time off, and more
! Come be apart of our growing firm and its opportunities for your career development. You will learn and develop alongside a team of professionals who aim to excel in the legal industry.
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We're dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
- Case Management
- Case Management Systems
- Law Practice Management Software