The Web Development Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the Internet Business Applications. The internet development manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading of existing application systems and software in collaboration with the Architecture team. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide Internet Business Development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of Internet Business Applications.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications related to Mouser.com applications.
- Establish Priorities and work assignments based on the business needs of Mouser’s internal and external customers.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more full-time employees or their equivalent. Makes suggestions and recommendations for these employees regarding performance and change of status, including transfer, advancement, termination, and hiring.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project team.
- Manage, Motivate and lead the Internet Development team members
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating projects in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of development efforts.
- Develop, Implement, Manage and direct policies, processes and procedures for the application development team towards their utilization for internet development team effort.
- Provides current statuses and communicates effectively with senior management and leadership.
- Represents the company in a professional manner, is trustworthy and maintains extreme confidentiality.
- Arrives on time and works hours needed to fulfill responsibilities
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi tasking ability, works with minimum supervision and makes good independent judgments
- Performs all necessary personnel management functions (selection, training, performance evaluations, time/ attendance, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Maintains contemporary knowledge of Development industry trends, concepts, and techniques
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- PMP Preferred
- Strong people and Project management skills and experience
- Good knowledge of contemporary information systems industry trends, products, techniques, technologies, and processes
- Strong ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style
- Strong ability to establish and track goals
- Strong Leader
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi-tasking ability
- Ability and/or experience to establish and maintains effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability and/or experience to develop and maintain a productive work team by hiring, training and coaching qualified personnel
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward self and others
- Ability to set and track goals
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and teaching skills.
- Ability and/or experience to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability and/or experience to write reports, business correspondence, articles and presentations
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone etiquette. Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Appropriate grooming, attire and professionalism to interface directly with business contacts and represent the company
- Trustworthy and maintains extreme confidentiality
- Has acceptable driving record and can provide current, valid driver’s license and current proof of insurance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have 3 years of direct supervision/management experience
- 10 + years of Information Technology experience
- 5 + years minimum project management experience
- Internal applicants – must have 2 years of Mouser experience directly supervising or managing employees
Planning & Organizing
Driving For Results
Resilience Managing Others
Coaching and Developing Others
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Category: Internet Business
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.