Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates wastewater system to provide compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Troubleshoot technical and operational systems. Including:
• Performs maintenance of the wastewater systems.
• Perform assigned general housekeeping duties.
• Maintains and calibrates hand-held and on-line monitoring equipment and treatment equipment as required.
• Follows Company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies, and reports unsafe conditions.
• Takes and records system operation readings according to prescribed schedules. Creates Regulatory reports.
• Maintains daily logs, records plant operating data as required in logs.
• Effective, timely and respectful communication and interactions with other employees, supervisors, individuals from Regulatory Agencies.
• Performs other related functions assigned or as they become apparent.
• Work safely and efficiently.
• Operate and maintain wastewater treatment system.
• Keep appropriate records for operational control.
• Move barrels, buckets, and other materials.
• Working with other operators, supervisors, and maintenance to correct discovered problems.
• Maintain the facility in a clean and orderly manner.
• Performs miscellaneous work as assigned.
Working conditions include exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles including hazardous chemicals.
Job description, Essential Duties and Responsibilities are subject to change at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The requirements mentioned below are a representation, but are not a limitation of the knowledge, skills or abilities required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minimum of 2 years related experience preferred.
Must have Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification (CWEA) Grade 2 or higher. State Water Resource Control Board, T1 or higher.
Push pull and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Regularly climb stairs and ladders.
Must be dependable and able to work independently.
Familiar with basic hand tools and power tools.
Required to use all personal protective equipment (company provided) in compliance with OSHA regulations.
This job has mandatory overtime as part of the weekly schedule. Shifts are 12 hours long and are not flexible.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Personal Protective Equipment