For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
We are recruiting for a Health Benefits Analyst to join the Chicago Health practice.
The Opportunity: The Health Benefits Analyst is integral to supporting the delivery of a broad and diverse range of group health benefits consulting services to our clients. This role offers visibility, client interaction, and the opportunity to learn about the emerging areas of the health benefits field through participation in special projects. This role is with the Health Tier 1 team.
(The Midwest Health Practice is organized into three teams: Tier 1 is the budgeting and rate setting team; Tier 2 manages RFP’s, contract reviews, and other non-retainer services; and the Retiree Health team focuses on valuation related work.)
The Role: The Health Benefits Analyst works collaboratively with team members and other professionals in providing an integrated and thorough approach to meeting clients' financial needs and other matters. Health Benefits Analysts perform at a high level of proficiency doing technical and analytical work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• analyzing renewals;
• preparing quarterly and annual financial reports and budget projections;
• pricing of benefit changes for health coverages;
• analyzing claims costs;
• supporting consultants with presentations of financial data to clients; and
• working on ad hoc reports and projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e.: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting)
• Actuarial exam progress having passed at least one exam with desire to achieve credentialed status preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
• Proficiency with Excel and other computer software are required;
• Strong project management skills required combined with the ability to succeed in fast paced environment managing multiple conflicting deadlines; and
• Prior work experience or internship related to benefits analyses or underwriting is beneficial.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences including, but not limited to, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, generations, cultures, military status, well-being and flexibility. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment at Segal is critical to our success, as it allows us to attract and retain the best talent and to enable that talent to be successful in achieving his/her professional and personal goals. For Segal a diverse and inclusive workplace is a win/win, as it provides us the ability to leverage our top talent allowing us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Job Offer Disclaimer: Be alert to scams involving offers of a job using our Company name. Please know that Segal does not extend an offer of employment unless you have interviewed in-person, at one of our offices, with authorized, current employees of the company and deemed qualified for the position. Further, offers of employment are extended only by an authorized, current Segal employee whom you will already know resulting from the interview process. Contact the Segal HR Representative responsible for this position if you have questions.