- Contributes to the design, engineering and implementation of systems infrastructure.
- Installs and maintains operating systems and related software.
- Manages and monitors enterprise systems environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems in the systems environment.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
At least three years’ work experience in a technical/analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
For IT Security, minimum three years’ work experience in a technical/analytical position in risk/compliance areas.
- 5-7 years backup administration experience, Avamar and Networker preferred.
- 3-5 years EMC Data Domain storage administration experience.
- 1-3 years public cloud administration/engineering experience.
- 1-3 years engineering and administering a cyber recovery air gap solution.
- 1-3 years designing and implementing disaster recovery plans, including robust DR testing.
- Server engineering with Windows and Linux operating systems experience preferred.
- Experience with backup/recovery performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ability to partner with business units outside of IT to consult and advise on backup/recovery and cyber recovery best practices.
- Participate in the design, engineering, and implementation of enterprise platform technologies.
- Ability to work with and provide direction to vendors and consultants.
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team setting. Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and effectively and can meet deadlines.
- Typical Physical demands include manual dexterity sufficient to operate basic office equipment. Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: EMC Data Domain storage administration, Avamar, Networker, cyber recovery air gap solution, DR testing, Cloud Recovery Engineer
Job Description Summary
As part of our IT and cybersecurity family, you’ll do more than explore and expand your discipline and skills — you’ll impact patients everywhere by helping our teams stay connected, up to date and equipped with the groundbreaking tools and technologies that are changing patients’ lives.
Our Cybersecurity Architecture team is looking to add a Cloud Recovery Engineer to design and support enterprise systems within the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Your primary focus will be to align platform and technical strategies with the business vision and objectives through research, design, and architecture of new technologies. The Cloud Recovery Engineer will also ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of enterprise systems, and monitor, maintain and optimize all system hardware and operating systems.
We invest in our caregivers, technologies, and processes to grow and run at optimal velocity. Join us, and you’ll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities for personal development and the support to get there go hand in hand.
“Remote Work in Ohio, Florida, or Nevada desirable” – This position is a work from home opportunity, preferably in the state of Ohio, Florida, or Nevada.
- Computer Security
- Critical Thinking