Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
The position of an Operator Technician (Steamfield) requires teamwork, working rotating 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and PTO coverage. Personnel need to be self-motivated and capable of physical work while working in a safe manner and protecting the environment. The job also requires driving in steep terrain, pulling trailers, working in snowy wet conditions and hot summer conditions.
• Responsibilities required from an Operator Technician (Steamfield) are, opening and closing large valves, hiking in steep terrain, start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records.
• Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters.
• Performs a variety of operational maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
• Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks.
• Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs.
• Complies with all related environmental and compliance processes and procedures.
• Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to facility betterment items to improve operational efficiency, reliability and safety.
• Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures.
• Regularly required to maintain facility security, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
• Additional job duties assigned as business needs dictate.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally, 6 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Analytical Chemistry
- Business Efficiency
- Business Requirements
- Control Systems
- Electrical Installation Work