To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Bank Pantry Manager
JFS • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 9 days ago
At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org
The Food Bank Pantry Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the food pantry/resource center in accordance with program standards. This includes opening and closing of the site as well as training and overseeing volunteers and conducting tours of the pantry for potential donors or community groups.
- Bilingual in Spanish Required
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds to move cartons, boxes and other food containers
- Must be available to work a Sunday through Thursday schedule each week. Occasional Friday overtime required
- Experience in social service, food pantry or similar setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to learn proprietary database software
- Knowledge of all basic office equipment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detailed Oriented - Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Must be able to multi-task and able to deal with frequent interruptions and unexpected circumstances
- The ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working with volunteers is a plus.
- Must be culturally sensitive and able to work with a multi-cultural client/customer population
- Requires the ability to work in non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the food pantry site
- Ensure pantry readiness for each day of operation
- Maintain pantry cleanliness and order
- Orient and train new volunteers
- Supervise regularly scheduled, students and drop-in volunteers
- Monitor volunteer and client interactions
- Enforce food distribution policies and procedures, while maintaining a high-quality service delivery
- Perform daily data entry and reconciliation for the food pantry
- Compile statistics for site
- Manage client data base
- Conduct client intakes as necessary
- Oversee security personnel at pantry
- Work cooperatively with JFS Central Access staff and coordinate with other professionals providing on-site specialized services.
- Responsible for reporting equipment, maintenance, security and facility problems to appropriate personnel
- Assume duties of assistant pantry manager if absent
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Union/Time Limited Dependent on Funding/ EOE/AA
Keywords: Food Bank ,Hunger, Poverty, Charity, Non Profit