This individual is responsible for providing accurate documentation and summarization of the eye examination and doctor recommendations while maintaining patient flow and communication regrading appointment status.
• Correctly dictates into a computer what the physician says during an examination, including but not limited to: proper charting of the examination, documenting additions to the main complaint, noting assessment and recommendations for treatment. Including the justification for decisions when needed.
• Maintains an awareness of the patient’s verbal and non-verbal communication when the physician is providing instructions as it may necessitate the writer repeating information, providing written instructions, and/or patient education materials for the patient to review at home .
• Ensures patient understands all instructions.
• Maintains patient flow by ensuring a minimum of two patient rooms are always occupied.
• Remains as close to the physician as possible and limits time away from the physician and the patient.
• Alerts physician to patient-related forms that need completion.
• Guides patient to front desk after completion of exam and ensures proper follow-up appointments are made.
• Becomes fluent in the exact requirements of each examination.
• Accommodates the needs of the patient for the exam:
A. Monitors examination room and any physical limitations the patient may have.
B. Makes sure the patient chair is down before the patient prepares to leave, the equipment is off, the slit lamp is out of the way, etc.
C. Provides patient with cane, handbag, coat, etc. to expedite patient flow.
D. Evaluates the condition of the examination room to ensure adequate supplies are in stock.
F. Performs other tasks as required.
• Maintaining and cleaning lane equipment. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
• Returning and documenting phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
• Maintaining patient confidentiality.
• Occasional same day travel to Satellite locations with variable work hours.
• Works on a rotating Saturday morning as scheduled.
• Understands and uses proper sterile technique.
• Utilizes proper universal precaution procedures.
• Displays consistent professionalism.
• Complies with the No Cell Phone policy in patient areas. HIPPA requirement)
• Conforms to all RMEC policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance and dress codes.
• Understands and practices all safety expectations.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s License and current automobile insurance.
• Must be willing to travel to other office locations as needed.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Manuel.Santos [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ophthalmic Scribe- Canon City is eager to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ophthalmic Scribe- Canon City
Physician Patient Privilege