To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Arthrex • Santa Barbara, CA
Posted 1 day ago
Main Objective: Responsible for software quality assurance activities for various Arthrex software products. Define test strategy for medical device software systems. Design test cases for complex custom environments, workflows and various system platforms. Ensure traceability with software requirements and tests. Contribute to software automation suite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, establish, and enforce quality assurance measures and testing standards throughout software development life-cycle including bug fixes and enhancements.
- Define test strategy for various products, including; test automation, performance testing, negative testing, code and coverage analysis, compatibility testing, and environment management.
- Design test cases for verification and validation of user stories and marketing requirements.
- Setup test environments for various system platforms, including Windows (Servers), Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Contribute to automation suite for various applications, including Windows, Linux, Web, QT, iOS and Android applications.
- Understand medical standards and protocols in relation to imaging, video and streaming formats such as Dicom and HL7.
- Utilize effort estimation for test planning and test execution phases.
- Effectively collaborate with internal/external customers and recommend solutions and best practices.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of five years of relevant software quality assurance experience is required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Expert in use case analysis, test cases creation, product lifecycle testing and support required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing associated project and test toolsets required. Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence preferred.
- Skilled in automated test development required. C# and Visual Studio framework preferred.
- Experience with SQL databases technologies required. NoSQL preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed application models, system integration, debugging and troubleshooting required.
- Exceptional operating and debugging skills of Windows, Linux, iOS and Android systems required.
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols and Client-Server architecture required.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management including Git preferred.
- Knowledgeable of medical device industry including: standards for information systems such as DICOM and HL7; regulatory and quality management system requirements preferred.
- Project management experience and/or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving, risk analysis, and decision making skills required.
- Exceptional self-management skills and strong proactive approach on meeting business demands required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of PC and server hardware, network switches and various network devices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.