COME WORK FOR US AND CHOOSE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE!
The Volunteers of America Colorado Float Team is a team of experienced professionals that assist in the facilities that we serve, such as the Senior Community Care Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), Horizons Health Care Center, Valley Manor Care Center, and Home Health of Western Colorado.
We are looking for a PRN Physical Therapist who is flexible, reliable, well organized, and a team player to provide ongoing therapy evaluations and treatments and education to residents in a timely manner per physician's orders. The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients, communicates with families, physicians and other health team members and maintains appropriate documentation of services including MDS responsibilities complying with State and Federal regulations.
- Graduate from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association and is currently licensed in the state in which working as a Physical Therapist.
- A minimum of one year experience as a physical therapist preferably in a long-term care facility.
- Able to understand medical terminology and how it applies to physical therapy, to communicate with clients, staff, physicians, and to prepare meaningful reports.
- Spatial and form perception are necessary to visualize anatomical structure of the disabled part of the body and the relation to therapeutic devices in remedial actions.
- Coordination and dexterity are necessary when treating clients and handling therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to communicate with clients to establish favorable attitude and to motivate the clients to desired cooperation and effort in his/her rehabilitation development.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the physical demands involved in moving clients and equipment into position for treatment and in manipulating equipment and clients.
- Be willing to work Saturdays and to travel to other Volunteers of America Care Centers.
- If operating company vehicle you must be twenty-one (21) years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
- Interested in geriatric rehabilitation.
- Be compliant with the ethics and standards of practice as adopted by the American Physical Therapy association.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Long Term Care
Computerized Physician Order Entry