To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD 21286
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg Orthopedic
University of Maryland Medical System • Baltimore, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg Orthopedic
Supplemental - Rotating
We are seeking a supplemental Med Surg Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers, to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate, and document care in an individualized and age-appropriate manner, which promotes patient safety and healing and according to hospital policy.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us. Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community. Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services, requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Compliance: Understands regulatory requirements with regard to compliance and all other laws and regulations that apply to the organizational operations (e.g. Code of Conduct) and how these regulations apply to the individual’s role/ department/ unit.
- Proactive in addressing compliance issues; reporting through appropriate channels such as supervisor, chain of command and Ethics Point.
- Completes mandatory introductory and ongoing training within the specified timeframes.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Associates degree in Nursing, or BSN and/or active pursuit of advanced degree, or specialty certification preferred.
- State Board of Nursing Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- 0 - 1 year in a healthcare environment.
- One year of oncology & Med Surg experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.