To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Battlefield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Security Analyst
Russell Cellular Inc • Battlefield, MO
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Information security analysts must continually adapt to stay a step ahead of cyber attackers. They must stay up to date on the latest methods attackers are using to infiltrate computer systems and on IT security. Analysts need to research new security technology to decide what will most effectively protect their organization.
- Monitor Russell Cellular's networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
- Test and monitor firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Conduct penetration testing
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
- Help plan and carry out Russell Cellular's way of handling security
- Develop security standards and best practices for Russell Cellular
- Recommend security enhancements to Management or our Senior IT staff
- Help computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures
Operations and Support
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction
- Maintain data and monitor security access
- Conduct internal and external security audits
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Define, implement, and maintain, corporate security policies
- Security awareness training
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors
Key Technical Skills:
- Penetration testing of applications and infrastructure – a good way to find vulnerabilities before attackers do
- Social engineering – given that humans are the weakest link in the security chain, an analyst’s expertise can help with awareness training
- Vulnerability and risk assessment – important components of risk management
- Security assessments of network infrastructure, hosts and applications – another element of risk management
- Forensics – investigation and analysis of how and why a breach or other compromise occurred
- Troubleshooting – the skill to recognize the cause of a problem
- DLP, AV, and anti-malware – an understanding of the tools used to protect the organization
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing, and switching – an understanding of the fundamentals: the language, protocol and functioning of the internet
- ISO27001 assessment – specifications for a framework of policies and procedures that include all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s risk management
- Endpoint protection technologies and techniques
- NIST 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework