Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as competitive compensation. As a professional truck driver with Smithfield Foods, you are assigned late model Freightliner tractors to pull 53’ reefer trailers and are dispatched to our plants, company distribution centers, and customer distribution centers. Safe driving, customer service, and effective decision making is the key to success in this position.
We offer competitive pay and smart benefits that fit your way of life.
- Earning potential up to 80,000 annually
- Work week that meets your schedule
- Anticipated home time is 2 days off per week
- $30 pay per stop after the first stop
- Paid detention rate
- Driver's in this fleet average 2,500 miles per week
- No touch freight and no backhauling through outside customers
- Less then 5% of shipments have extra stops
- No travel to New York, New England or the western states
- Full serviced leased equipment
- No slip seating
- Option to enroll in our 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Benefits offered
- Paid Days Off
- Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
- Eligible candidates must have a High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be At least 24 years of age
- Have their Class A CDL license
- Have a minimum of 2 years CDL Class A driving experience
- No traffic citations within the last year
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-11134
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food and leading consumer packaged meats company.
View the full profile
We are also the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, committed to providing good food in a responsible way. We accomplish that by maintaining robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs.
Based in Smithfield, Virginia, in the United States, we are the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook’s®, John Morrell®, Gwaltney®, Kretschmar®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Carando®, and Healthy Ones®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care
How We Got Started
In 1936, Joseph W. Luter and his son founded a small meat-packing company, The Smithfield Packing Company, along the tributary of the historic James River in the colonial town of Smithfield, Virginia. Over 60 years later, the “Genuine Smithfield Ham” that brought them worldwide acclaim is still born, bred and produced only in Smithfield. We now have a line of quality meats so vast, it’s helped make the parent company, Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest producer of pork products. Thanks to our heritage and commitment to flavor, Smithfield is now known as the “Ham Capital of the World.”