Job Title: Head Teller Reports to: Banking Center ManagerStatus: Full-Time, Non-ExemptDepartment: Retail BankingJOB SUMMARY:
To serve and supervise the service of other tellers in processing certain transactions through a teller window. Promote customer relations and serve as overall supervisor, under supervision of Banking Center Manager. This position also performs numerous teller activities which require a senior teller’s experience. This position supervises the day-to-day activities of all tellers in their banking center. However, all tellers of the banking centers are administratively responsible to the Banking Center Manager, who is responsible for assisting in their hiring, transferring, termination, performance evaluation and salary administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for teller standards and procedures throughout the bank center. Including ensuring that each teller controls, reconciles, balances, and accurately accounts for all monies transacted daily. Assists with teller balancing as needed.
- Responsible for coaching new tellers at the banking center and training on processes or procedures specific to the banking center
- Supervise, schedule, and assist tellers in processing a variety of transactions, using personal judgment within limits established by bank policy and operating procedures.
- Supervise the operations function of the banking center, including the scheduling of staff, providing for staff training, and developing and coordinating activity of the banking center.
- Timely administration of annual and periodic performance evaluations for tellers of the banking center.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach staff members to their best performance, including addressing non-performing employees and praising performing employees.
- Review teller manual on a frequent basis and ensure the manual is updated as needed.
- Oversee balancing and replenishing of ATM function, and work with operations to establish the daily operational procedures and functions.
- Develop the banking center’s vault plan. Estimate cash needs for the banking center and sell or buy cash to or from the Courier Support Center.
- Establish, promote and maintain good customer relations and ensure that tellers are courteous and efficient in transacting customer business, including the cross-selling of Bank’s services when the opportunity is presented.
- Answer customer inquiries pertaining to authorized accounts, and bank policies and procedures. Refer customers to the Banking Center Manager as necessary.
- Direct or perform the following duties daily:
- Accept and properly process delinquent loan payments
- Approve large checks within limits.
- Exchange or count large amounts of coin.
- Balance vault, coin machine (applicable locations), teller capture machine, and complete end-of-day balancing
- Disburse mortgage loan payoffs by calling Loan Operations department for payoff information
- Exchange monies for tellers
- Balance daily reconciliation sheet.
- Perform the following teller functions for the Bank:
- Check vault daily, count money sent from Courier Support Center.
- Disburse payoffs and expenses as authorized.
- Prepare night deposits.
- Complete monthly security refresher on SAFECATCH
- Verify cash advance receipts
- Image the night drop log, vault log, etc. on a monthly basis
- Review Currency Transaction Logs before forwarding to the Compliance Department
- Before leaving each day, ensure teller capture end-of-day sheets are completed and saved onto the network
- Review the stop pay folder on a monthly basis to ensure employees delete forms from the folder after getting customer signatures on them
- Assist in the development and implementation of teller-training programs, ensuring that standard operating procedures are followed.
- Review and evaluate operating results to assure that an adequate level of service is being maintained.
- Ensure teller-related documents are retained for bank-established timeframes, including teller capture end-of-day sheets, teller transactions, and mail
- Conduct a daily security check and ensure that proper security controls are maintained for protection from fraudulent operations and theft, reporting any discrepancy to Bank Security Officer.
- Audit teller drawers monthly.
- Audit vault cash quarterly.
- Assist with banking center CSR duties when needed.
- Approve time off requests and timesheets for banking center tellers
- Attend monthly operations meeting.
- Comply with and assist others in complying with all relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations as it pertains to the functions of this position
- Transact on daily customer transactions
- Accept rent payments as necessary for safe deposit boxes.
- Ensure only authorized parties have access to safe deposit boxes consistent with Bank Security Policies as necessary.
- Order office supplies for the banking center
- Clean teller capture machines on a weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining individual P.E.P. monthly and encouraging staff members to work toward achieving P.E.P. goals throughout the year
- Award TCB Bucks in P.E.P. for monthly balancing.
- Assist the bank in efforts to obtain and retain customers
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the bank’s profitability goals, including helping the bank not to lose money and helping the bank save money by improving job processes and achieving operational excellence
- Adequate cross training of all job duties have been considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Other duties as assigned by Management
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations as they pertain to this position
- Knowledge of core processing system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and effective computer skills
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and to work under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self-starter and have the ability to research and stay current on banking laws
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to deal tactfully with customers, both external and internal.
- Excellent customer service skills
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel is expected in this position
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Prior teller experience required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERANS/DISABLED
- Attention To Detail
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Coaching And Mentoring