Requisition ID: 12165
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Analyzes reasons for production disturbances in cooperation with other maintenance and production personnel
- Troubleshoots unscheduled maintenance issues
- Researches, Develops, and Coordinates Work Orders through completion
- Recommend Equipment design changes and improvements to support Safety, Product Quality and Production Capacity demands.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the mechanical and technical work performed in the department
- Prepares and presents reports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Prepares and attends daily meetings and briefings on the maintenance and production situation
- Prepares data on cost, availability and quality situation
- Troubleshoots, adjusts and helps maintain machinery and mechanical equipment
- Observes safety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required
- Coordinates, trains, and leads maintenance technicians for special tasks and responsibilities
- Leads, supports, participates in, and develops improvement programs and project groups
- Supports management in optimizing quality, cost, availability and performance of equipment
- Coordinates and directs personnel as required
- On-call duty rotation responsibilities
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Post Secondary Education and Significant Relative Industrial Experience
- 2 + years heavy industrial experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles and practices
- Design and Maintenance Knowledge of heavy industrial equipment
- Technical knowledge of
- Rotational equipment; mechanical power transmission, drive shafts, bearings, couplings
- Hydraulic systems; cylinders, servo valves, piping, hose connections, filtration, etc.
- Lubrication systems; centralized oil and grease systems, lubrication practices, etc.
- Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Practices
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance techniques and analysis
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process