Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Engineer, Software Engineering, you will develop new, complex software components, and modifications to and in support of existing production software. You will work with technical leads to develop software artifacts satisfies business needs. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design and develop new software by applying techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis that satisfies the objectives stated in business requirements.
- Follow best practices set by technical Leads and techniques and XPO standardized processes that deliver improved software solutions.
- Be available for testing/support on scheduled deployment dates that are designated by the standardized change management process.
- Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods, and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy business requirements and quantifiable measures; develop appropriate programs and systems documentation per established department standards.
- Collaborate with tech leads, architects, systems engineers, project managers, systems administrators, and operations analysts to deploy and implement solutions, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Develop and maintain automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment and collaborate with developers to manage code releases.
- Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions.
- Be available for production application deployment and troubleshooting off hours and/or on an on-call basis.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS or a related technical field, or equivalent work or military experience
- 1 year of experience in IT solutions development with strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
It’d be great if you also have:
- 1+ years of experience in software solutions development preferably in the transportation and logistics industry.
- Experience with TypeScript and Angular 2+ and Reactive forms
- Experience using Jira or other project management software
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and documenting system requirements.
- Experience in working under multiple operating systems like Windows, UNIX (Sun Solaris and Linux) and UNIX Shell scripting
- Experience with TeamCity to create and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment configurations for applications that are on premise and in GCP environments.
- Experience in production support activities by monitoring and troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience in software configuration management using GIT and Enterprise Git Hub
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, troubleshooting and communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Engineer, Software Engineering - Hybrid
- Business Requirements
- Change Management
- Code Review