Location: Nationwide with preference for DC metro area. Remote work may be available.
Must be a US Citizen eligible for a DoD Secret Clearance.
Collaborate with the data analytics and support services team providing data science and data analytics support analyzing, verifying, designing, refining, modernizing, and maintaining data models and component views within client systems. The team reviews and conducts analysis of current data models and data logic utilized to identify any gaps that may exist. The team uses industry standard methodologies to ensure the data model, data logic, and established business rules are accurately presented in the reporting capabilities of the systems. The team analyzes and provides recommendations for utilizing big data sets by structuring and analyzing the data in a way allowing client end users to prepare reports.
- Support the development and implementation of data marts, data structures, functions, data warehouse fact & dimension tables, views, and indexes
- Write complex SQL queries and SQL performance tuning
- Capture technical metadata through data modeling tools
- Gather analyst requirements, create, organize, and use data stores, create and use indexes, create and use data documents, and optimize the ability to query and retrieve required data
- Support the review and provide input on Business Rules Document(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Experience modeling reporting marts/layers for BI Tools (Tableau Preferred)
- Experience with statistical computer languages (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency and application experience in data architecture, data visualization, and reporting
- Strong understanding of data structures and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Functional Analysts, Project Managers, ETL developers, and end users regarding data needs
- Employer Paid Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- Big Data
- Data Analysis
- Data Architecture
- Data Modeling
- Data Science
- Data Store