If you're really interested, then please share the updated copy of your resume at or feel free to reach me at
612-246-3934 ext 7113
This is Karan, Senior Recruiter working with Manpower Group - Experis.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Sycamore, IL - 60178
Duration: 12 months
Shift: 1st Shift: Monday - Friday: 5:30 AM - 2 PM
- Assist plant superintendent by assuring that the assigned production department is operated in the most profitable and efficient way through proper utilization of assigned manpower, materials, equipment and space.
- The position is responsible for organizing all assigned resources to produce products according to the current schedule, and according to the approved quality standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise production team members performing production operations and must have thorough knowledge regarding the team member handbook, safety manual, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment.
- Instills good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that visitors may be received in the plant at any time. Evaluate team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining manpower within the assigned department at authorized levels. Re-assigns team members on 'down equipment' to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Observes production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment: takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Continuously analyzes the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design communication and reporting, cost controls and makes recommendations to plant superintendent for disposition.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Documents any and all problems and provides action plans to plant superintendent for disposition.
- In case of emergency, direct team member to their assigned safe area. Process all required forms in a timely manner for payroll and Human Resources (i.e. employee status form, timecards, PTO sheets, EIRP reward, etc.). Contact Engineering and Maintenance for required repair work. With the Plant Manager and Operation Manager, study operation where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action. Assist assigned team members in understanding the need for teamwork to attain departmental and objectives. S
- Support and carry out corporate philosophy and vision. Attend safety and quality meetings when needed. Actively participate in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution. Ensure required Safety Audits are complete for you and your team. Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and ensure safe working procedures in assigned production areas. Must be able to evaluate color.
EMS Job Responsibilities: Will follow and promote environmental management system compliance and commitment to resource conservation.
EHS Job Responsibilities: Documentation of injury reports. Complete statements as needed. Participation with the Accident Investigation team. Conduct safety audits weekly and monthly. Ensure safety standards are met. Have safety audits completed on a timely basis. Complete safety related work orders. Participate in safety communications weekly/monthly events such as plant wide meeting, pre-shift meeting, department meetings, and training exercises. Any miscellaneous duties as assigned by Dept. Mgr.
Required Years of Experience: 4-6 years
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate employees in a multi-cultural environment
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals.
- Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
- Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System.
- Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team.
- Typically requires 4-6 years of relative experience and education.
- Just in Time Manufacturing Required
- 4 Year degree or Some College preferred
- IT Manufacturing Experience Required in Automotive
I would really appreciate if you can refer or help to someone sharing this job. Have a wonderful day!
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Hardworking And Dedicated