Position: EVP/Chief Human Resources Officer
Department: Human Resources
Status: FT Salary
Jump start your career at Equity Bank! We are currently hiring energetic, team oriented, and community focused individuals to join our team! With a team of best-in-class customer service experts, you'll help to build and expand on client relationships, deliver the banking products and services that meet the unique and individual needs of clients, and create and uphold an atmosphere of superior experience and service. At Equity Bank we'll help you invest in your community through volunteer opportunities which align with our company initiatives and core values.
Job Summary: The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The CHRO provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the Executive Management Team.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Executive Leading Human Resources for Equity Bank
* Develop and implement the Human Resource strategy and program for the bank.
* Provide leadership and coordination of the bank's Human Resource Functions.
* Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff
* Accountable for the development and implementation of major personnel programs and for advising the Chief Operating Officer and/or the Chief Executive Officer on matters pertaining to personnel management.
* Create policies and procedures that abide by the legal requirements in the human resources field
* Maintain a compensation and benefits program which meets the needs of Equity Bank and employees
* Oversee a fair and equitable recruiting and hiring process
* Provide guidance to Executive Management on strategic related organizational needs
* Recommend and maintain an organization structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives
* Develop, maintain and enforce personnel policies and procedures
* Oversee compliance with local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations that effect Equity Bank employment.
* Work to foster positive employee relations and serve as a sounding board, counselor and/or independent party to issues
* Work to ensure that rules, policies, procedures and regulations are enforced consistently, firmly, tactfully and impartially
* Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve human resources data management
* Develop and manage annual budget for HR department and overall salary budget guidance for the organization
* Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operation procedures
* Attend Compensation Committee meetings and other meetings as requested
* Oversee the employee relations services
* Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Education
* Experience within a SEC directed company
* Experience with an 8-billion-dollar financial institution or equivalent experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or other comparable degree required
* 25 years Human Resources management experience
* 20 years supervisory experience
* Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook, and HRIS systems
* PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Preferred
* Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
* Employee is responsible for understanding and following the applicable laws and regulations for their job responsibilities including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethic and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Information security, and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements.
* Travel is required up to 25%
Who we are
Equity Bank, a full-service, $5 billion community bank, is based in Wichita, Kansas, with 70 bank offices throughout Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
At Equity Bank, you can find exciting opportunities to challenge you, expand your skills, and reward your contributions. Our employees receive competitive compensation and benefits, while working in an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional growth. We're searching for motivated individuals who are passionate about serving others, learning new technologies, and working as part of a team.
Equity Bank offers a full range of financial solutions, including online and mobile banking, commercial loans, consumer banking, and mortgage loans, treasury management service, the best solutions for your business, and absolutely zero ATM fees, anywhere.
What's in it for you?
We believe your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation package. We work year-round to ensure that we provide our employees with the most up-to-date, competitive program. We thoroughly evaluate our benefit plans and strive to provide quality benefits that support the physical and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
* Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Group Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
* Group Cancer Insurance
* 401(K) Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
* Generous Vacation & Sick Time
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Pet Insurance
* Retail Banking Benefits
Find your future at Equity Bank!
The above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by most people assigned to this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others.
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer and will not make employment decisions based on an applicant's race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Business Planning
- Change Management
- Data Management