Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This entry level position will be responsible for development, enhancement, verification and maintenance of ETLs from various sources to the Mountain West Oracle data warehouse and to external clients. These tasks are necessary to provide data integrity and quality control required for the success of Healthcare Economics analytical data deliverables. Duties and responsibilities include: ETL Administration; data source mapping; troubleshooting; development; source data reconciliations; ETL system development; and documenting specifications.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the success of the Mountain West HCE team
- Design, develop, maintain, monitor and execute production ETL processes
- Investigates production ETL issues/problems
- Mapping database sources to specified data formats
- Verify and validate ETL deliverables
- Troubleshoot problems and communicate to the team during an episode
- Translate concepts to requirements, and development into an automated production process
- Complete projects and development activities timely and accurately while following the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Suggest changes and enhancements for ETL processes
- Maintain ongoing self-study program to enhance knowledge of PL/SQL, Oracle, TOAD, and Informatica PowerCenter
- Document hours and development activities by following SDLC and IS Change Management guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, MIS, or related work experience
- Experience working in an organized and structured environment
- Knowledge of databases or data analysis
- Familiarity with PL/SQL, T-SQL or equivalent querying tools or 2+ years Healthcare experience
- Ability to work in Las Vegas office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding organization
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Outstanding time management
- Ability to take direction and follow established best practices
- Ability to learn business rules/processes
- Ability to communicate with business clients
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.