Senior Product Manager - API Products
At TradeStation, we believe in empowering our customers to claim their individual financial edge. We are committed to creating a financial ecosystem that is a step ahead by delivering the best technology, services, education, and support to traders and investors (watch our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Product Manager - API Products
). We are continuously pushing the boundaries of what is possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and a relentless search for innovation.
We are a team of amazing people who work together in a high-performance, goal-oriented culture to provide our customers with exceptional products and services. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy.
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Senior Product Manager, focusing primarily on our API products, to work within a team of skilled product managers responsible for our brokerage products.
A Product Manager at TradeStation is an expert, cross-functional collaborator responsible for understanding competitive and customer needs, prioritizing and defining the business product requirements, managing the product life cycle, and working closely with many teams across the TradeStation organization.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Brokerage Product Management. It presents an ideal opportunity for someone with knowledge and experience working with internal and external API products, who is excited to stay on top of industry trends, business and customer needs, and create a strategic plan for enhancing our API products.
This position plays a crucial role in the growth strategy of TradeStation. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with business units, technology teams, and API end-users to drive projects dealing with API products servicing the entire customer journey and all asset classes. You will work on various short and long-term high-profile projects and will be responsible for identifying which API features and enhancements are required based on our business' needs and end-user requirements (internal and external). This role will be working very closely with our Business Development team to coordinate the integration and support of new external clients that use our APIs to ensure we have efficient and differentiated solutions that exceed our clients' needs and expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and own the API products vision, strategy, and product roadmap
- Study market trends and market segmentation to determine a strategy and product roadmap for our API products to ensure we continuously evolve to meet emerging consumer needs and take advantage of new technology
- Communicate the API product vision to all stakeholders to clearly outline the benefits to end-users and the business
- Make use of data analytics and financial models to prioritize work that will provide the highest return on investment and business value
- Analyze consumption data and get feedback from end-users to identify necessary improvements and fixes
- Prioritize required changes so that the most significant pain points and opportunities are addressed first
- Document business and product requirements based on all stakeholder needs and understand the API technical specifications
- Work with the technology teams who develop the APIs to ensure they follow standards, naming conventions, design principles, and consistent development methods so that we can provide our end-users that consume the APIs a superior experience
- Manage the ongoing development and implementation of new processes and practices for an efficient and superior API partner onboarding experience
- Manage the API products integration pipeline by coordinating with the Business Development and Technology teams to ensure our clients receive excellent support
- Manage each stage of the API product lifecycle from development to testing (functional, security, and performance), deployment, iterations/release management, and retirement by collaborating with Technology, Business Development, and Marketing teams
- Participate in emergency calls that occur due to outages, network issues, or client impacting events and aid in resolution paths
- Understand TradeStation's products, clients, and competitors. Using these insights, work with counterparts within the business to drive new and innovative opportunities to serve our clients better and grow the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- A proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions but know when buy-in is critical
- An understanding of how service-oriented API businesses are built, supported and expanded
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate domain knowledge, describe business requests, and clarify issues both in person and in writing for internal teams as well as for clients
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineers and business development teams
- Ability to partner with engineering to define the functional and technical implementation to solve business problems. This includes understanding API development concepts, and the ability to write and review technical requirements documents
- Motivated by finding ways to use processes to improve customer impact
- Love learning about new API technology, solutions, and businesses and figuring out how other firms and systems integrate service-oriented architecture products
- Near code level technical proficiency with modern API products
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks and projects to successful completion
- Ability to investigate, analyze, summarize and present new API product opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of product management experience developing and implementing API products in a fast-paced technology-driven company
- 5+ years of designing, programming, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming experience required)
- Hands-on experience working with API clients in product integrations
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams to build products
- You are familiar with or have contributed to an API product journey understanding the early-stage and late-stage challenges
- Experienced as a product manager or program lead developing and implementing technical products, especially APIs and platforms
- Bachelor's degree (Master's/MBA a plus)
- Experience with Fintech or Brokerage API products a plus