General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
At General Mills, Human Resources is a strategic business partner, adding value through exceptional HR practices that enable our company to win and our employees to maximize their full potential. We drive winning results for the organization through building competitively superior talent, agile organizations, world class capabilities that unleash performance, and a distinctive and undeniable culture worldwide. We are driven to be the premiere HR organization in the world.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager for our multi-platform manufacturing facility in Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is a multi-platform union facility with 400 employees leading the safe, high quality production of a wide range of products for the Cereal and Convenience & Foodservice (Flour) operating units. The Cereal plant has 4 processing system and 8 packing lines and the Flour plant has 4 Mills and 2 packing lines.
Human Resources Managers at General Mills possess a strong business mindset and exceptional partnership skills—which they rely upon to develop strategies for an innovative, flexible, and dynamic organization. The HR Manager role owns all business partner accountabilities including: career development, performance management, and retention for employees. The HR Manager is responsible for leading the site’s positive Employee Relations strategy and ensuring a culture of engaged employees. Additionally, our Manufacturing organization is going through a large transformation and the HR Manager will be a critical role to enable this priority through key focus areas like organizational design, employee career progression, recruiting, staffing and capability building.
In this role you will provide HR leadership to the site, including:
- Serve as a member of the site leadership team, partnering with cross functional leaders to drive business performance using business acumen, strong HR knowledge, and change management expertise
- Manage the HR department with direct reports such as HR Business Associates, HR Assistants, and Learning & Development
- Lead significant culture change as part of a journey to increase manufacturing performance through process improvement with our manufacturing transformation initiative. This role will be the Organization Pillar Owner for the entire site, responsible for training peers and other team members on organization activities and leading the overall Organization Master Plan strategies.
- Develop the capability of our plant operators through employee development, process improvement and work system evolution
- Partner with the Plant Manager to develop a high performing site leadership team and engaging leaders at all levels.
- Lead key HR initiatives in support of the organization including positive employee relations, workforce planning, succession planning and staffing.
- Lead HR initiatives in partnership with HR COE specialists (i.e. Recruiting, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation, Change Management)
- Provide individual coaching needs and identify training and development needs for teams
- Create a positive employee relations environment through close engagement and interaction with all employees across the site
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of related work experience required
- 3-5 years of direct experience as an organizational practitioner of Continuous Improvement methods & processes preferred
- Experience leading and supporting strategic initiatives, influencing others, and driving results and significant change
- Previous people management experience
- Previous plant/manufacturing experience
- Masters in Human Resources/Industrial Relations or MBA preferred
- 5-7+ yrs experience
- Proven experience working within a global function/matrix highly desired
- Strong data & analytics orientation