Freedom Mortgage is seeking an experienced, strategic and driven IT leader to join the team in the role of Vice President of Intelligent Automation. Since Intelligent Automation is an emerging competency at Freedom, this role requires a balance of strategy / execution, engineering / analytics, and AI-ML / Automation, all while marrying business and technology perspectives.
Requires technical expertise in one or more highly specialized domains related to data-heavy applications including data streaming, big data platforms, analytics engineering and AI/ML platforms. Assumption is that all systems will be cloud-based, with a preference on AWS.
Initially the leader will focus on architecture and design of the Intelligent Automation Platform, which will require understanding how Freedom’s decisioning/rule systems operate, how data is managed across these platforms and ultimately how they could be improved by leveraging advanced machine learning models. Being able to present a future technology vision is critically important.
The VP acts independently as a senior leader in IT and will partner very closely with the Product Management, Enterprise Architecture, Information Management and core Development leaders to create credible Technology & Product Roadmaps that lead to our future state.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead team to design build and deploy the Intelligent Automation Platform leveraging key technologies/platforms including Data Streaming, Big Data platform, Analytical Tools, AI/ML, Search
- Build a world-class team balancing FTEs and contingent staff
- Develop Data Service APIs to enable core systems to leverage the IA data
- Build IA Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Analytical Community in developing Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Development Community in accessing IA data
- Design and implement a support structure leveraging DevOps principles
- Partner with operations on designing and implementing 24/7 monitors of IA platform
- Work closely with experts within the product, development, information management and enterprise architecture teams to understand business and systems issues related to business rules and decisioning engines
- Responsible for the complete development lifecycle of the software systems that make up the Intelligent Automation Platform; including clarifying requirements, database schema, software development, testing, implementation, user follow up, and support
- Utilize collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers, and database administrators, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications.
- Responsible for ensuring the change control processes for the development team is followed.
- Participate in all parts of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Acts as a technology consultant to business managers.
- Prepare and present executive level staffing, project and process updates to C-suite.
- Manage third party IT vendors on business related projects.
- Ensure that business unit practices and procedures adhere to IT security and information policies.
- Ensure compliance with corporate project oversight controls.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technology domain
- Master’s degree a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years’ experience in IT
- 10+ years of application or information engineering
- 5+ years of lead development experience on application development projects
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data, Data Streaming technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Analytical Platform & Tools
- 3+ years of experience with AI/Machine Learning Platform & Tools
- 3+ experience with Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience leading CI/CD initiatives
- Experience leading teams with Agile and Scrum
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies and concepts
- Enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Passionate about partnering with business partners
- Comfortable making presentations to senior executives as requested.
- Ability to provide architectural review and recommendations to multiple teams.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Systems Development Life Cycle
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development