At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It’s how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ. Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Network Administrator, this person will be responsible for upgrading, implementing and supporting the EVRAZ North America network. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Director, this person will work with the Lead Network Engineer in identifying and implementing the support tasks needed to maintain the performance, availability and security of the network.
- Architect and implement Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) solutions to support 24 X 7 operations
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes
- Develop methods and tools to be used to test and optimize existing LAN/WAN
- Plan and execute IP segmentation and segregation initiatives
- Plan and conduct projects that are designed to either add functionality required by the company or to address ongoing network failure issues
- Construct, implement and maintain firewall rules
- Implement and manage site-to-site Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Integrate cloud and hosted networks
- Identify requirements and document the network design
- 5 years of experience in implementing and being an architect of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a related major, such as computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematics desired
- Working knowledge of MPLS, DiffServ, VoIP, fiber optics, and IP Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP)
- Experience with Cisco products: routers, switches, firewalls, access points, wireless controllers, and identity and firewall management tools
- Past exposure to a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work on a distributed team with varied skill sets
- Willing to work overnight and weekend hours to accommodate production schedules as needed
- Ability to travel across North America, including a valid passport for travel to Canada
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
In addition to a competitive wage and generous benefits package, our employees share in the Company’s success through incentives like profit sharing. We provide opportunities for advancement and promote often from within—which means that a job at EVRAZ can take your career farther than you ever imagined.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program