Responsible for managing, implementing and executing on key projects and reporting requirements that span the organization. The position provides support through representation of senior leadership interests in both internal and external initiatives, and in some cases is an active team member on broader WellMed strategy initiatives.
This position requires a unique skill set that includes leading cross-functional leaders on complex projects, collaborating vertically and horizontally throughout internal and external organizations, understanding workflow, and creating a collaborative environment to work effectively throughout the organization to ensure alignment of strategy and approach.
Accountable for supervising the project plan and operational collaboration during implementation of new processes. Coordinates with program developers, training teams, business owners, and other stakeholders to ensure all goals and objectives are met. Transitions tasks and processes to operational teams upon completion of implementation. Collects, analyzes, and reports relevant data to clinical staff, providers, corporate partners, senior leadership and other associates.
Provides Project Management expertise in project planning, execution, and monitoring. Oversees and manages the operational aspects of assigned projects and maintains a project management framework that enables a project core team to successfully execute projects. Maintains and analyzes project schedule and prepares regular status reports for management and key stakeholders. Tracks project risks, opportunities and issues in order to develop resolutions to meet quality and timeline goals and objectives.
- Manage full project life cycle including creation, design, specification, development, implementation, and overall change management
- Identify and analyze trends, strategies and tactics to increase the productivity of the medical management teams to drive positive performance on organizational key performance metrics and improve the customer experience
- Identify opportunities for improved scalability of the organization, including opportunities for increased productivity and reduced costs (e.g. streamlined processes, new roles, workload shift)
- Communicates and provides reports to key stakeholders to ensure projects are aligned with the goals and objectives of the business
- Identify, develop, and present recommendations; implement approved solutions
- Manages SharePoint sites created to support key medical group initiatives as well as audit, compile, and analyze data to create reports for Steering Committees
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
The pace is fast and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Technology or a related field required, or, High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of additional experience as stated in each bullet point below
- Three years of experience with SDLC, preferably Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies
- Three years of experience in full life cycle project management experience including project ROI assessment, project team management and change control management, or healthcare operations experience
- Three years of experience utilizing Microsoft Project in a Project Management setting
- Must have PMP certification at time of hire, or within 12 months of hire
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Share Point, and Business Maps)
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- PMP certification
- 2+ years of Healthcare or clinic operations experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Project Management Life Cycle
Systems Development Life Cycle