If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Possibility to telecommute if you are located within three (3) hours of Eden Prairie, MN, La Crosse WI, or Falls Church, VA.
- Reporting & Consolidation, Account Reconciliations, and Cost Pool Analysis
- Analysis around SG&A expenses for proper coding per disclosure statement
- Setup of new projects for SG&A expense tracking
- Oversee the allocation of indirect expenses per cost pools
- Oversight of Treasury functions
- Lead a team of accountants
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial data, ensuring best practices
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for financial reporting
- Resolve high level financial reporting issues
- Manage the audit process and work with outside auditors regarding accounting and reporting issues
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of internal and external reporting ensuring the quality, reliability, and timeliness of the reports
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation, and laws
- Summarize findings on the monthly, quarterly, or annual reports to senior management, auditors, and regulators
- Coordinates and supports the Company's strategic and operational planning
- Support various special projects as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated progression in financial reporting and analysis
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Intermediate level of working knowledge of GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions
- Expert level of proficiency with Excel, Word, and other financial reporting tool
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with Government Contracts, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- CPA / CMA or other equivalent licensure or certification
- Experience with Costpoint Accounting system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Prior experience successfully managing multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving solutions under deadlines
- Able to work on-site at one of the listed locations
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounting Manager , Optum, OptumServe, Recons, And Reporting, Leader, Manager, Finance, CPA, CMA , GAAP, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), And Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work From Home, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Falls Church, VA, Virginia