To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Englewood, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Linux Administrator
TTEC • Englewood, CO
Posted 2 days ago
For more than 30 years, Ttec has anticipated customer needs and stayed ahead of consumer demands. As the leading global provider of technology-enabled customer experience solutions, Ttec designs, enables, manages, and grows superior customer experiences that drive shareholder value. Simply put, we help companies grow the value of their business by growing the value of their customer base. From design to delivery, our comprehensive solutions create value across the entire customer life cycle with industry-specific services.
Our capabilities include:
• Design: Customer Strategy Services
• Enable: Customer Technology Services
• Manage: Customer Management Services
• Grow: Customer Growth Services
The Senior Unix Engineer/Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Unix / Linux servers. Performs and schedules installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes servers to achieve optimum performance levels. Senior Unix Engineer ensures data integrity and availability by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures and documentation. Senior Unix Engineer conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains an operating system hardware and software configuration database / library and all supporting information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily oversight and administration of Unix / Linux servers – 30%
• Installation and deployment of new equipment – 20%
• Implementation of server changes – 20%
• Providing application and end user support – 20%
• On call server support – 10%
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS)
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience with AIX Administration.
Must have Experience with Katello/Foreman
• Working knowledge of the Solaris operating systems (Versions 8 to 11) and related hardware.
• Extensive experience with server virtualization tools including VMware, PowerVM, Virtual I/O (VIO).
• Experience with building servers, using rapid deployment tools including Kickstart, Network Installation Manager (NIM) and Jumpstart.
• Solid background installing, configuring, and troubleshooting equipment and mass storage configurations (i.e. SAN, RAID, MPIO).
• Experience installing and administering core third-party applications (i.e Apache, Postfix, Sendmail, Java, Openfire, DNS).
• Knowledge of performance gathering and event monitoring tools (i.e. Nimsoft, Nagios, NMON, xymon).
• Experience working in a geographically-distributed, dense server environment.
• Proven ability working in a fast-paced mission-critical operations setting.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to work independently and come up to speed quickly in new technologies.
For more information on the World of Opportunity at TeleTech please visit our website at www.teletechjobs.com
TeleTech requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Notice to external Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies: TeleTech does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this web site or directly to any employee. TeleTech, and any of our subsidiaries, will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with TeleTech.
Employment Requirements: TeleTech requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TeleTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..