The MIL Corporation is now hiring!
Let your imagination take flight supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). Looking to find work that stimulates your mind, challenges your skills, and satisfies your curiosity? MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the areas of Cyber, C5ISR, and Information Technology systems.
The MIL Corporation is seeking a Network Engineer to support a Federal Government client at the customer’s facility located in PAX River, MD. The Network Engineer will provide engineering expertise and troubleshooting skills to solve problems and restore reliability to the network and associated systems.
- Review detailed network designs and network configurations to ensure consistency with the architecture, as well as gain insight into optimizing network architectures based on real-world applications
- Create, update, and maintain system level baseline documentation to include block diagrams, Simple Network Diagrams (SND), Detailed Network Diagrams (DND), and router & switch configuration Templates
- Implement network and operating System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure all aspects of the network. Assist in providing ATO and IATT packages for lab environments
- Provide inputs to the Weekly Network Report and program data calls
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology-intensive discipline; HS/GED and 9 years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in system administration of LAN/WAN systems, network security, systems maintenance, systems monitoring/reporting, requirements analysis, requirements planning, resource scheduling, Configuration Management, and documentation management
- Possess vast knowledge and skills in working with different networks devices and network technologies including switches and routers (Cisco, Brocade), network devices (Firewalls) and encryption devices (KG-175)
- Possess at least 1 current Professional Network Certifications from Cisco networks (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ CE and Cisco, Brocade) certification
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 10%
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret/Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
- 2018 Fortune Great Place to Work®: Top 100 Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018 Fortune Great Place to Work®: Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces
- 2018 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (second consecutive year)
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks