To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
500 Rue de Sante
LaPlace, LA 70068
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Acadia-Healthcare • LaPlace, LA
Posted 1 month ago
DISPLAYS courtesy, caring and ethical values towards work functions.
As reflected by direct supervision/ observation
DEMONSTRATES integrity and diligence in fulfilling regulatory and legal requirements as set forth in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
TAKES INITIATIVE in achieving personal and professional goals and growth.
New hire and/or annual training on Corporate Compliance & Ethics
Actively PARTICIPATES and PROMOTES Performance Improvement activities.
As reflected in compliance with required reports to PI committee.
Effectively MANAGES time, and facility resources.
As reflected in compliance with time and attendance policy and responsible use of resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Management: coordinates and manages nutritional services department.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and administers all services provided by dietary staff.
- Develops department team by hiring, monitoring staff performance, counseling and terminating employees as per the Human Resources Policies.
- Establishes, develops, revises, and updates: work standards, schedules, policies, and procedures to ensure smooth, efficient, and effective Departmental work flow.
- Trains and provides continuing education, re-education, and training.
- Follows administrative directives and instructions
- Monitors all dietary staff.
- Adheres to Corporate compliance plan and encourages staff compliance
- PREPARES, COOKS AND SERVES FOOD ACCORDING TO MENUS AND NUMBER TO BE SERVED; ENSURES THAT REGULAR AND THERAPEUTIC MENUS ARE FOLLOWED
- Prepares salads, desserts and dinner meal as needed.
- Serves meals and therapeutic diets according to menu.
- Removes items for thawing for food preparation
- CLEANS AND SANITIZES ALL AREAS
- Washes and sanitizes pots and pans daily as needed.
- Sweeps, mops floors daily as needed.
- Maintains, cleans and sanitizes all areas and equipment as required.
- COODINATES, LEADS, ASSIGNS AND SCHEDULES Assigns project work to kitchen staff as needed.
- Consults with supervisor and or registered dietitian as needed,
- OBSERVES AND FOLLOWS INFECTION CONTROL AND SAFETY REGULATIONS
- Sets the example for staff by complying with all departmental, federal, state, JCAHO and facility guidelines.
- Monitors staff compliance policies and safety regulations
- Ensures that proper hand washing is done before, during work time. And frequently throughout the day.
- Wears gloves, hair covering and other PPE as needed.
- Monitors temperature checks of refrigerators, dishwasher, and daily-Infection Control Log, to ensure compliance by all staff.
- Follows and Adheres to Safety Policies and Procedures as instructed through in-services, orientation compliance plan.
- Instructs and Trains new employees during orientation to the kitchen.
- Arranges and provides In Service Training to the department through out the year. As evident by HR In-service Repo
- Operations Management:
- Anticipates and effectively meets the operational needs of the nutritional services staff and the Department.
- Operates the department within established fiscal guidelines.
- Reviews and Revises operation standards and policies and procedures for compliance with regulatory agencies requirements.
- Implements corrective action to resolve process, performance, or procedural problems in the department.
- Ensures that food, supplies, and equipment are available to meet the needs of the employees providing the services.
- Obtains and Submits bids and makes recommendations on purchases and repairs.
- Analyzes workloads in terms of census and marketing events.
- Maintains FTE’s, overtime, inventory, food cost, and labor costs within established budgetary guidelines.
- Obtains administrative approval for expenses and equipment repairs and replacements.
- Orders food supplies for department as needed, with approval from immediate supervisor.
- Minor or correctable deficiencies reports from outside regulatory agencies
- Food and supplies are available 90% of the time unless there is increase in census.
- Performance Improvement: Establishes standards of quality in department.
- Collects and analyzes data for quality monitoring and evaluating, and submits reports to P.I. Coordinator by established deadlines.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports by the 7th of each.
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Completes all special projects as assigned and within time frame 100% of the time.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of high school education. Completion of a Food Manager/Food Services Program. (Years of experience can substitute for these.)
SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to work tactfully and cooperatively with inter- departmentally and intra-departmentally in resolving Dietary Services problems. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any age-related disability, specific, and cultural diversity needs of the patients served.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS: Patients, Employees, and Visitors.
POSITIONS REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION: Cooks and foodservice workers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Job involves sitting, walking, standing, lifting/carrying up to 35 lbs, bending, stretching, stooping, reaching, climbing, pushing carts, vacuuming, ladders, mops, brooms, handling. The position also requires:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a well lighted, temperature controlled environment. Potential hazards include; physical (noise, electrical, temperature changes), Ergonomic (lifting, carrying, standing, sitting), chemical (undiluted chemicals)