To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal Web Application Full Stack Programmer
Amgen • Tampa, FL
Posted 10 days ago
Amgen is in search of a Principal Web Application Full Stack Programmer. The Principal Programmer will be responsible for implementing solutions to support Amgen’s enterprise analytics strategy. The Principal Programmer will be part of the Analytics and Knowledge Management group and will work out of our Amgen Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
The successful candidate will have experience in open source web application development technologies and public cloud development experience using AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Lead full-stack web-based application development for various enterprise applications
- Responsible for defining and implementing project and technical road maps that align with the strategy
- Develop high level solution architecture, feature, and capability assessments for projects.
- Overall accountability of technical implementation aspects of projects including planning, architecture, design, development and testing
- Partner with IS and business stakeholders to ensure that the solution is an appropriate fit for the end users
- Lead a team of programmers while also willing to jump in and do programming/code-reviews etc. based on project demands
- Research and evaluate various web application development platforms
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in web application development frameworks and related and emerging technologies to provide, recommend, and deliver best practice solutions
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master’s degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading full stack web application development projects
- Experience building and using JSON-based RESTful APIs
- Experience developing dynamic and data-driven web applications/sites
- Hands on experience using Linux/Unix
- Experience using search engines like Solr or Elasticsearch as the back-end for web applications is a plus
- Previous experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Good understanding of software development, DevOps, unit test, automated testing, GitLab, continuous integration (Jenkins), and continuous deployment (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience creating web application wireframes and mockups. Good understanding of user experience concepts and their application in developing an appealing user interface
- Understanding and experience with security fundamentals, role-based security, and familiarity using encryption keys and controls
- Strong communication skills
- Experience designing and delivering services in a multi-national, world-wide design pattern with its incumbent security, privacy, latency, and availability issues understood
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.