To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Whitewater, WI 53190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Profit Center Manager- Ground Protection
Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. • Whitewater, WI
Posted 9 days ago
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Ground Protection Profit Center Manager has overall accountability for the financial, operational, and customer service performance of a Ground Protection Profit Center. Maximizes the profitability of the branch by making sure that it runs safely, efficiently and effectively. Manages sales, expenses, inventory, staff, store and site safety and appearance, according to Sunbelt policies.
Ground Protection is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering temporary flooring, access, and field covers to the Special Event industry, and temporary access roadways and pad sites primarily to the Construction, Power Transmission, Alternative Energy, and Oil & Gas industries, often including the development and design, logistics and installation, project management, and coordination with other trades, in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after-hours response which could result in work outside of regularly scheduled hours and project work outside of the traditional profit center service radius for extended periods of time.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the store in accordance with the strategic, financial and operating goals established.
- Manages revenue and expenses by developing, updating and ongoing communication of a clear business plan in order to maximize sales and profitability; assesses, modifies (if needed) and approves the sales plan and ensures it is carried out appropriately; reviews all contracts raised (i.e. creations, amendments, suspensions and terminations) daily; reviews debt collection efforts (calls and/or visits made) daily
- Supports sales by participating in sales calls and customer visits with OSRs and sales meetings
- Ongoing assessment of rental fleet condition and availability, including the purchase/disposal/replacement of equipment through staff, customer, supplier, salesman and marketing product manager feedback (to maintain PC stock/inventory)
- Manages all staff assigned to the Profit Center including interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; appraises performance including rewarding and disciplining employees; monitors employees through operational reporting and financial reporting for each function; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibility for projects undertaken at the Profit Center that come up as part of the Ground Protection business. Includes management of all labor and materials to maximize safety, productivity and profitability and meet all customer and contractual requirements
- Works with Install Managers and CSRs and ensures all deliveries, installations, removals, relocation of mats, and other billable services, are documented daily, tracked and billed out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works with Sunbelt Safety group, and Install Managers to coordinate and conduct QA/QC and safety audits and reviews, make updates to plans and policies, and provide required QA/QC and safety reports to customers.
- Conducts operational and revenue analyses; develops, monitors and reports operational KPIs and direct changes/makes recommendations to Senior Management based on findings and KPI results
- Works with sales to facilitate and supports job walks, project development, E&S/matting plan reviews, and matting proposal preparation.
- Develops and maintains a master matting schedule for matting deliveries, installs, hopscotches, and removals that is project specific and resource (personnel and equipment) loaded.
- Identifies, qualifies, contracts with and manages third parties, in the execution of work (freight, rental, installation, project management, ancillary services, etc.), as needed and in accordance with Sunbelt requirements
- Coordinates and facilitate contract close-out requirements with field operations personnel, sales and CSRs
- Coordinates with other Profit Centers, Profit Center Managers, and Senior Management, as needed, to ensure rental fleet and resource availability for the efficient execution of work.
- Manages After Hours and Emergency Response efforts including local and regional responses as well as participation in national event response efforts
- Responsible for the direction and management of the outside sales team for development of specialty market segments targeted by Ground Protection business.
- Oversees safety and compliance by ensuring all statutory requirements are met and adhered to (Sunbelt internal requirements, safety, Department of Transportation); inspects the Profit Center yard daily for safety and statutory requirements to ensure employee and customer safety; ensures the PC yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state (this includes making sure that all employees are wearing clean, properly fitting company supplied uniforms); insures that safety standards are met on projects sites.
- Ensures company vehicle inspections SOS/DOS are conducted
- Ensures required reporting, internal and external, is timely and accurate
- Fills in for open roles or tasks as needed to keep the PC running smoothly
- 5+ years of Rental Industry experience
- Previous store/location management experience highly preferred.
- 3+ years P&L experience
- 3+ years Project Management experience
- Solid financial knowledge with budgeting and P&L statements
- Experience directly or indirectly managing sales and operations
- Time management
- People management
- Safety management, with OSHA 30 certification preferred
- Strong communicator with presentation skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Valid Driver’s license
- Heavy equipment operation experience a plus
- Long and Short Term Business Planning Skills and Experience are a plus.
- On a daily basis, position requires working in a normal retail environment, job site, or yard area, or visiting customer site(s), where there are physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, and the like.
- Must be physically able to work in a job-site environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50 lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching.
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures.
- Night / Weekend work is likely required.
- Moderate travel required.
Related experience may include: Operations Manager, Sales Manager, Director of Sales, Director of Operations, District Manager, Rental Manager, Store Manager, Business Development Manager
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.