Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Responsible for gathering and analyzing information in order to underwrite new agents.
Also responsible for reviewing existing agents, general agents and insurance carriers and making recommendations to be presented to Credit Committee, Executive Credit Committee and/or Management.
Reviewing existing entities (agents, general agents, insurance carriers) Underwriting new agents (i.e. OFAC, bank and market references, D&B and NIPR)
Investigating trends/patterns within agent portfolios using fraud reports and queries Conducting bank & market references, funding & insured verifications.
Wintrust Financial Corporation’s credit analyst training program, Wintrust Credit Academy, offers the opportunity to build a career in commercial banking. Over the course of the 2 year training program, individuals will gain exposure to a variety of functions in the commercial banking field through classroom training and rotational job assignments.
Through in-classroom training, analysts will learn about the organization, our products and services, clients, and business practices. During this portion of the program, individuals will be introduced to the fundamentals of credit analysis, our underwriting framework, and various other subjects including loan documentation, risk assessment and concise financial writing.
Credit Analysts are responsible for financial analysis and risk assessment of potential borrowers, preparation of credit memoranda to be presented to senior management, and monitoring credit risk within various loan portfolios. The rotational component of the program includes rotations in areas such as Commercial and Industrial Lending, Commercial Real Estate, Wealth Services, Asset Based Lending, and various other lending teams.
After successful completion of the program, highly motivated analysts will have the opportunity to move into a professional role in Commercial Banking or Credit at one of the many Wintrust locations. Wintrust Credit Academy provides a solid foundation for developing a successful career as a Commercial Banker.
You will work alongside relationship managers, business development managers, portfolio managers, and others in your office to develop a deep understanding of the operating performance and potential borrowing needs of prospective clients. You also will assist relationship managers with ongoing support of existing clients. Your responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing a company’s financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to minimize capital, balance sheet, and reputation risk
- Representing Wintrust in developing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Actively collaborating with senior relationship managers on underwriting simple and complex transactions for a wide range of companies and individuals
- Underwriting transactions related to traditional commercial lending, wealth management, treasury management, and other credit-related products
- Preparing company annual financial reviews and underwriting memos focusing on a company’s leverage, key risk factors, sources of repayment, cash flow, and ability to service debt
- Reviewing and assisting in negotiating loan agreements and ancillary documents related to a transaction closing
- Understanding client needs and identifying potential cross-sell opportunities for other Wintrust products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting)
- Outstanding academic credentials GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Superior analytical, quantitative, leadership, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Internship in banking or related field preferred
- Active involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities. Previous volunteerism or community service a significant plus
- Internal Applications Accepted - 7/20/22 - 8/5/22
- Internal First Round Interviews - Mid August
- Internal Final Round Interviews - Mid September
- Internal Offers Extended - October 2022
- External Applications Accepted - 8/8/2022
- External First round Interviews - Mid October
- External Final Round Interviews- November
- External Offers Extended - November
- July 2023 – Wintrust Credit Academy Program begins
Travel between Wintrust locations will be necessary. Candidates will be expected to provide their own transportation for training and for each rotation. Interested candidates who will complete their bachelor’s degree in 2023 may submit their application for this position that will begin in July of 2023.
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago’s Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Asset Based Lending
- Balance Sheet
- Banking Services
- Business Development