Virtualization Manager | 175895
Location: Richardson, TX
Position Type: Direct-Hire
Hourly / Salary: BOE!
Vaco Technology is currently seeking a Virtualization Manager for a Direct-Hire opportunity located in Richardson, TX. The Virtualization Manager will lead a VMware Team of Engineers to deliver quality projects and requires deep and rich knowledge in virtualization, storage, and infrastructure technologies (network / database / data warehouse / operations / security, etc.). The Virtualization Manager will manage implementations, including planning, project management, and ensuring adherence to processes disciplines. The Virtualization Manager will be responsible for an extensive platform (multiple data centers) and will manage the operations for incident management and service / provisioning requests. The Virtualization Manager must have a deep understanding of virtualization, storage, and system management / administration. The Virtualization Manager will maintain a focus on internal / external client satisfaction. The Virtualization Manager will effectively and accurately scope and size projects with accompanying appropriate timelines for delivery.
- Ability to Breakdown Complex Information for Executive-Level Individuals into Actionable Items
- Leading Projects / Delivering IT Services Globally Across Internal / External Clients / Suppliers / Disciplines / Platforms, etc.
- Prioritize / Execute Tasks in a High-Pressure / Dynamic / Rapidly Changing Environment
- Collaborate / Communicate / Present / Negotiate Effectively Across Disciplines / Groups / Suppliers / Clients
- Ensure Adherence / Maturity of Fundamental Operations Processes - Change Control / Incident Management / Problem Management
- Collaborate with Technical Managers - Define New Project Infrastructure Scope / Risk and Assumption Documentation / Delivery Approach Development / Cost Analysis / Determining Timelines, etc.
- Lead / Oversee / Manage Continuous Improvement of Processes within the VMware Team
- Communicate / Collaborate with Project Clients (eCommerce / Enterprise Systems Security, etc.) / Infrastructure and Operations Support Teams, etc.
- Implement Services Based on Globally Accepted Standards for Operations / Support / Maintenance
- Ensure Delivery of Project Documentation - Scope / Requirements / Architecture / Operational Instructions / Runbooks / Troubleshooting, etc.
- Partner with Development Teams to Ensure Infrastructure Scales Meet the Needs of New Projects / Products
- Previous / Current Experience Acting as the Incident Commander
- Successfully Balance Multiple Demands / Shifting Priorities / Championing Change, etc.
- Work Effectively / Efficiently within a Fast-Paced / High-Volume / Deadline-Driven Environment
- Excellent Negotiation / Organizational Skills with the Ability to Orchestrate Change through Influence
- Decisiveness / Accounting for Long / Short Term Consequences of Decisions
- Prioritize Tasks / Coordinate Work Efforts of Others, etc.
- Successfully Balance Multiple Demands - Working Independently and as Part of a Team
- Coordinate Cross-Functional Work Teams Towards Successful Task Completion
- Successfully Identify / Prioritize / Escalate Issues
- Virtualization Management - VMware / vSphere / HyperV / Xen / Cloud Technologies (3+ years)
- Leading Teams of 6+ Engineers Building Scalable / HA / Mission Critical Applications
- Successful Complex Project Delivery / Business-Critical Services (9+ years)
- Design / Architect / Implement Windows / VMware Solutions (5+ years)
- VMware Infrastructure (Advanced) - Design / Setup / Maintenance / Configuration
- Windows OS (Advanced) - Installation / Management / Application Deployment
- TCP/IP Network Design and Support / Network Hardware / Routing Protocols (Advanced)
- 3-Tier Application Architectures (Familiarity) - Oracle / SQL Server / Leading RDBMS
- Project Management Tools - MS Project, etc.
Virtualization Manager, VMware, vSphere, HyperV, Windows OS, TCP/IP, Routing, Hardware, Oracle, SQL
Windows Server 2008
Vmware Esx Servers