1st Shift, Monday - Thursday, 6:30am - 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. At XPO, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Appliance Technician, you will ensure all equipment is properly inspected, tested and repaired. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Process products that require testing and mechanical evaluation, and perform all cosmetic repairs to restore products to sellable conditions
- Follow basic functional testing procedures for appliances
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner with adequate recordkeeping
- Locate sources of problems by observing and listening to the appliance; diagnose and make repairs
- Document performance of preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages, etc.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and specialized vocational training
- 1 year of experience as an appliance technician
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Ability to read simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Active Journeyman license
This job requires the ability to:
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of the equipment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.