To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PRN Therapist- Options Behavioral Health System
Acadia-Healthcare • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for coordinating continuum of care activities for assigned residents and ensuring optimum utilization of resources, service delivery, and compliance with external agencies and referral sources requirements. Responsible for conducting individual, group and family therapies, coordinating various types of clinical and psycho-educational activities, various duties related to coordinating treatment and discharge activities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or other related field from an accredited program.
- Possess sufficient clinical background with specialization in clinical theories pertinent to MR/DD-MI (and some sexual maladaptive behavior) children, adolescents, and residential treatment. (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Knowledgeable about childhood development.
- Must possess valid Indiana driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Ability to monitor, assess, and record client progress against care plan, and make adjustments to plans and services.
- Ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical, mental, special demands and working conditions:
- May be required to lift/restrain residents.
- May have some exposure to communicable/infectious diseases
- May have some risk of injury from assaultive/abusive residents.
- May be exposed to disagreeable conditions.
- Ability to work assigned hours per week.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to run, squat, and kneel.
Machines, tools, equipment:
- Telephone, switchboard paging system, walkie-talkie.
- Copy machines, fax machines.
- Computer with basic word processing skills including Microsoft Office, E-mail, etc.