To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Resources for Human Development • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Resources for Human Development's Morris Home is a residential program Morris Home supports transgender and gender non-conforming individuals as they develop the knowledge and skills to maintain sobriety, manage emotional and behavioral difficulties, choose and maintain safe and healthy lifestyles, and develop healthy relationships with peers, family and the community. The Outreach and Wellness Coordinator will be responsible for providing outreach, and developing and facilitating community events, with the support of Morris Home peers
Duties and responsibilities
The Outreach and Wellness Coordinator will accomplish these goals by:
Community Outreach 25% of Time
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will provide late-night street level outreach in Philadelphia's Center City Gayborhood, at community events, as well as on popular strolls where members of the trans community gather, or are engaged in street level sex work. The person in this position will be responsible for:
- Providing potential members with safer sex, hygiene, and harm reduction kits, resources, and information about Morris Home
- Documenting outreach Contacts
- Tabling at community events
- Identifying additional outreach locations and opportunities
Wellness Event Coordination
Administrative Tasks 75%
- Work with Morris Home peers to develop topics, plan and promote Wellness events
- Work with Director and Therapist to coordinate facilitation of Wellness events
- Work with Program Supervisor to ensure distribution of funds to peers.
- Develop materials that provide rights based and trans affirming health information
- Ensuring data collections and documentation of all efforts
- Participate in monthly staff meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications include:
- GED/High School Diploma, Associates Degree in human services related field preferred.
- Driver's License is required
- Previous experience working with the transgender and gender non-conforming community, as well as comprehensive knowledge of how to provide trans affirming direct services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Candidates with experience in Outreach, Peer Leadership or Advisory experience, or Direct Service experience preferred.
This position will require working flexible hours outside of normal shifts, including late night/early morning outreach.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.Job title Outreach and Wellness Coordinator Reports to Unit Director