To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electronics Design Engineer
Nesco Resource • Shelton, CT
Posted 1 month ago
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for organization, execution and coordination of product development tasks utilizing staff Engineers/Designers/Technicians as required. Responsible for product design, product redesign for improved function, safety, or features, and product redesign for cost reduction. Assist in tooling and manufacturing process choices Produce full electronics engineering documentation. Provide management of multiple projects working in cross-functional teams. Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable codes and standards and adhere to and obtain all required agency certifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform project management functions by working with cross-functional teams to implement the project objectives including budgeting responsibilities as allocated, developing project schedules and product specifications.
- Independently or as project leader, develop/design new products from concept to full production using Electronic Circuit design, PC Board design, and Gerber file software.
- Develop and review Electronic circuit design concepts, drawings and layouts, review and assist in design work with regard to function, manufacturability, safety, cost, project definition, and conformance to Codes and Standards.
- Check and evaluate models, drawings and pilot production samples. Designate and perform pertinent testing and evaluate results.
- Design products to be in conformance with all necessary agency standards (UL, ETL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, IEEE, TIA, etc).
- Produce full engineering documentation including detailed engineering drawings, bills of materials, performance specifications, and UL submittals.
- Redesign products for improved function, cost reductions, and sustainability initiatives.
- Assist in tooling and manufacturing process choices. Disposition first article inspection reports.
- Keep up-to-date on industry standards, regulatory agency and code requirements, and secure necessary approvals for new and revised products (UL, ETL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, IEEE, TIA, etc).
- Additional responsibilities and tasks to be assigned as needed based on organizational and company needs.
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE Degree required.
- 5 years minimum in Design of Electrical and Electro-Mechanical products preferred.
- Strong project management skills in handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- Skilled in Electronic Circuit and PCB layout software.
- Knowledge of C and assembly language for programming embedded applications using Microchip, Atmel, and other microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, high-volume electronic assembly processes and certification standards such as UL, CSA, etc.
- Capable of working on multiple simultaneous projects.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.