To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Commerce Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Assistant to the COO
Smithfield Foods • Smithfield, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Assistant works independently with little or no supervision completing a wide-range of executive support related duties, sensitive assignments, projects and reports in a confidential and professional manner. The senior level Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.Responsibilities
- Works independently with a minimal need for guidance on a variety of projects.
- Prepares special reports, gathering, summarizing, and analyzing data; organizes and maintains correspondence and records, following up on pending matters with limited or no direction.
- Pro-actively manage and maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for the COO; organize and maintain COO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments.
- Organize internal and external meetings for COO, including logistical and substantive preparation; manage all travel scheduling and arrangements anticipating and resolving conflicts independently.
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements; complete and submit expense reports, and other expenditures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the daily, weekly and monthly reporting within the COO’s span of control; prepare reports and presentations; analyze trends and identify potential solutions.
- Communicates and/or coordinates COO's instructions and desires with various individuals and/or departments at all levels of the organization, the executive team, including the WH Group, external customers and clients.
- Ensure consistent and efficient interaction with other executive assistants across the organization; demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgement and confidentiality.
- Provide special project leadership and support as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on a variety of topics; draft materials as needed.
- Travel up to 20% may be required periodically for this position.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and 10+ years of relevant work experience which includes a minimum of 3 or more years of experience in providing high-level administrative support to senior executives in a large multi-national company is required.
- Results and detail oriented, organized with proven ability to successfully multi-task and think differently to drive innovative ideas.
- Positive, tenacious attitude; strong verbal and written communication, and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others; ability to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment; communicate complex concepts and analyses in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines consistently applying good judgment and sound business decisions.
- Proven fact based analytical and problem-solving abilities with minimal direction.
- Organized with a proven ability to juggle multiple projects at once; experience managing complex event logistics.
- Strict ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in MS Office: EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook; prefer experience using Business Intelligent (BI) and SAP software.
- Prefer previous experience supervising employees at the non-exempt level.
- Project management certification or training a plus.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job-related characteristic as directed by law.