The primary goal of Rental One's Manager Development Program is to drive each individual's personal and professional growth so he or she can be well-equipped to operate a store within 6 months and lead a team of 10 or more. Rental One is not about building a "corporate", climb-the-ladder, stuffy environment that makes it difficult to feel like you're personally connected. We're about building and supporting servant-leaders who will further the Bible-based roots upon which our company was founded using successful models that have proven the test of time.
What makes a successful Manager Trainee? Someone with a competitive drive to exceed sales goals and customer expectations alike. Someone with vision and deep personal conviction about executing processes and relationship-building efforts with high-level detail and overall excellence. Rental One is a growing company with limitless potential in the $50 billion+ equipment rental industry and we're seeking forward-thinking individuals to join us as we continue to expand across Texas and beyond. Our best candidates typically have several years of leadership experience but we welcome applicants of all kinds, no matter where you are in your career journey. In addition to a booming industry with ample career depth, our generous base plus commission structure puts your earning potential completely in your hands!
In the Manager Trainee role, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of Rental One Operational Management while being mentored by one of our current, seasoned leaders. You will be able to experience hands-on learning as you take on Management duties of standard daily store operations, procedural implementation and management, and team leadership. At the same time, you will be observing and learning best practices and procedures from current Store Managers. You will also gain exposure to many areas of central administration, including Training, Accounting, and Human Resources. We're a team through-and-through and our Administrative Support teams are a part of that partnership to propel success.
*While this position is currently recruiting in the Austin area, the Manager Trainee position will gain exposure in various areas across the Central Texas region and may be placed at a different location within the District. Flexibility is key as we continue to grow this program and the company.
With so many choices out there, why work at Rental One? We are a URL blocked - click to apply with three generations of high-integrity leadership and unmatched experience. That means we not only provide stability and growth, but also genuine concern for our employees in an environment that you can call, "family".
We believe that good work relies on Dependability, Honesty/Integrity, Safety, Team Work and a Customer Focused attitude. We are proud of our team members and are URL blocked - click to apply who share our Core Values.
Rental One is proud to offer the following comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive pay PLUS eligibility for annual bonuses for ALL employees
- 100% company-paid employee only medical insurance (dependent options available)
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance, with optional long-term disability
- Company-paid supplemental life insurance, with additional voluntary options
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- Optional accident & critical illness insurance
- Optional ID Theft protection plan
- Prizes for achieving team goals such as gift cards, branded goods, team meals, and team experiences
- Company-wide community impact projects and team-building events to stay connected
- Company-provided, high-quality apparel
- Casual dress environment
- Company-paid financial wellness resources
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Service Awards to honor team member loyalty
- Generous paid vacation and sick days PLUS paid holidays...and so much more!
For application consideration, please complete a brief survey using the following link: URL blocked - click to apply
- Coordinate with Sales Representatives, Store Manager, Warehouse Foreman and Drivers to ensure our customers' satisfaction
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all Safety protocols
- Assist the Store Manager as needed
- Learn to utilize internal reporting tools to optimize store financial performance
- Supervise facility inspection, inventory and fleet maintenance for rental ready status
- Coordinate activities between store departments to optimize productivity
- Implement effective retail displays and store marketing efforts, in partnership with the Marketing Manager and District Leadership
- Prep, Load, and Unload equipment
- Sales and equipment delivery ride-alongs
- Manage personnel matters as directed by Store Manager
- Various Reporting, to include, but not limited to, reviewing contracts daily
- Ensure workplace safety by supporting the Store Manager in overseeing safety matters and compliance audits including: personnel safety training, OSHA compliance, DOT regulation and managing drug and alcohol testing
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment & attend all store/department safety meetings
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with business management or sales experience
- Strong sales and operational experience OR completion of Rental One Work-Study Program
- 2-3 Professional references that can attest to demonstrated leadership qualities
- Understanding of business accounting principles, including budget preparation.
- Diligent attention to safety is required
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the construction equipment rental industry preferred
- Individuals with strong motivational and leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, and computer skills.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
See what one of our current employees has to say about working at Rental One:
"My experience with Rental One is incomparable to anywhere else I've worked in the past. The opportunity for growth and learning different trades and positions within the company, and being able to see the company from many different positions has truly benefited me. The relationships and bonds that are built within this company are something that you will not find anywhere else. What makes Rental One different from anywhere else I've worked is the care that's put into how the company is run. I don't feel like just a number in the company. I feel like part of a family. We get hand written birthday cards, Christmas cards, watermelon catered to us in the summer months, and many other little things done for us by the owners that don't go unnoticed."
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employee Performance Management
Training And Development